2.7 ⇛ Hospice

C H A R L I E

Chapter 27

I smelt bleach, cleaning tools, and febreeze.

I cracked my eyes open to see bright shining lights, my side hurt, but it wasn't so bad.

I lolled my head to the left, looking over to see my aunt and my cousin.

"You're awake." Jane beamed before Stan jolted awake.

"Guess I am." My voice cracked as I coughed multiple times.

"Where were you?" Jane asked, tightly grasping my hand.

"I don't know, it was just in the woods." I rambled.

"Look, Sheriff Stilinski is going to come here later and ask you some questions. In the mean time, just rest. We'll see you later." My aunt explained before she left the room, Stan pausing at the door.

"Charlie?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad you're not dead." He sighed.

"Thanks bud." I chuckled.

He closed the door as I turned the television on, going over to watch an old movie.

I don't know how I'm alive. I guess it was just luck. Firstly, I was never really a lucky person, but I guess I still have time on this planet.

I sighed, pushing my hair back, lying my head back, but I just felt pain.

Everything was sore.

I moved around, finding the remote of the bed before  I pushed the button so I could sit upright.

I heard the door open, Scott and Stiles popping their head through the door.

"How do you feel?" Scott asked. I noticed the stuff animal Stiles had in his hand.

"Tired." I shrugged.

"You look better than before if it makes you feel better." Stiles pulled up a chair.

"How long was I out?" I asked them.

"A week, but you woke up a couple of times. The doctors said you wouldn't remember that." Scott explained.

"What happened to Shawn?" I grasped the bed railing.

"After we found you, he was gone, no trace of him. We looked for him, but he went off the radar." Stiles responded.

"Isaac?"

"He's sleeping. He was here for the week, he was here when you woke up, but he's out in the waiting room sleeping. We weren't sure if we should wake him up." Scott gestured his arms, trying to explain everything.

"What happened to my parents?" I glanced out the window.

"I don't know. I haven't seen them, they went off the radar also." Stiles chimed in.

"Why wouldn't they see me?" I furrowed my brows.

"I'm not sure. They weren't at their house, Derek checked. I'm sure they'll appear soon." Scott shrugged.

"What about school?"

"You've been through a lot and now you're asking about school?" Stiles flailed his arms, mouth agape.

"I don't want to fail." I pointed out to the pale boy.

"Valid point." He huffed.

"What about Allison and Lydia?" I looked between the two.