1.8 ⇛ War

C H A R L I E

Chapter 18

I sighed, reluctantly finishing my history homework, giving Alex all the wrong answers.

"What do you want Shawn, I'm on the phone?" I could hear Alex as he spoke to Shawn.

"It's important." Shawn's voice was distant as I pressed my ear into the phone.

"Well are you going to tell me or just stand there foaming spit?" Alex sounded irritated.

"Anthony's in the hospital, he was attacked. He told me that someone sent him a death threat for the pack." My eyes widened at the new information.

"Death threat?" I asked, hearing Alex sigh.

"Hey Charlie, I'll call you back."

"No, what death threat do you mean?" I kept bombarding questions on the phone, but the line clicked, no one on the other side of the line.

I scrolled through my contacts finding Derek's number, knowing that he'd know what to do in this situaion.

After many rings, the sour wolf answered.

"What do you want?" Derek huffed over the phone.

"Drop the attitude, this pack recently came to Beacon Hills, they're called the Bad Times pack I think. I overheard them saying something about a death threat." I explained.

"It has to be Peter." Derek sighed.

"Did he say something?" I asked.

"he did say something about bad times." I could hear shuffling over the phone.

"There's something else, isn't there?"

"He want's to run them out of town." Derek hung up as I dropped my phone, my phone ringing as it was Scott.

"Hey, Scotty boy." I breathed out.

"There's a pack, they're bad news." Scott began, the sound of banging from the front door could be heard.

"I know and I have to go." I hung up, the banging on the door getting louder.

He knocking was louder and at the rate of this person, they could probably break the door open.

"Charlotte it's us, we need help." Josh's voice could be heard through before I opened it, four teenagers at my door.

"I can't help you guys." I sucked a breath in.

"Where does Derek live, I know he lives with Isaac and Peter." Alex practically shouts in my face.

"Look, I really can't tell you guys anything." I began to close the door.

"You guys started this and we're going to finish this." The David guy declared.

"You just need to leave town." I closed the door on their faces.

"We bought an expensive house and we're not leaving. Expect a war very soon." Alex shouted as I rested my head on the door, not answering as I slid my phone out of my back pocket, calling Derek once more.

'They came here and something bad is going to happen." I shakily breathed out, gripping the phone with my hand.

///

Monday morning consisted of death glares from Alex, Josh, Shawn, and David.

"Ignore them." Isaac mumbled in my hair, coach making everyone do suicide runs.