1.1 ⇛ Kanima

C H A R L I E

Chapter 11

About  week later from the date I had with Isaac, I woke up at ten in the morning, my phone blowing up with messages from Lydia, Allison, Scott, Stiles, and Isaac. They all wanted to know where I was.

Of course I was at home, with a headache I couldn't just shake away.

I groaned as I got up and stumbled across to grab a beige pullover sweater and black leggings, throwing a black cap on my head.

I finished the last two questions on my geometry packet, stuffing it in my bag before leaving my room.

No one was here at this time of day so I took the advantage of making some coffee, a portable mug next to the pot.

As I sat down, the doorbell rang as I groaned, getting back up before answering the door.

There stood the familiar beta, hair dampened from the slight rain.

"Hey, uh, let me get you a towel." I went to fetch a towel, letting Isaac close the door.

"You're fine?" Isaac slowly says as I toss him a towel.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I arch a brow, taking the pot of coffee and pouring half of it in a mug.

"You weren't at school." Isaac sat down on one of the chairs.

"It doesn't mean the kanima- Jackson came here overnight to paralyze or murder me in my sleep." I roll my eyes, pouring him a mug as I gave it to him.

"But you were perfectly fine last time I saw you." Isaac argued.

"Don't worry, but thanks for caring if I was fine or not." I sat next to him, hunched as I drank my coffee and opened Pride and Prejudice.

"I don't really do that a lot." Isaac muttered, loud enough I could hear him.

"Because of your family?" I continued to read the book, only a little left to read until I could finish it.

"Well mostly my dad, but you could say family." I knew he shrugged from the tone of his voice.

"Well, aren't you supposed to be in school?" I look over to the beta, sipping my coffee.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school also?" Isaac reflected my tone.

"You didn't go to school for a while because you were a fugitive for a while." I point out.

"One more day isn't going to hurt." Isaac smirked.

"Well, I'm going to school soon so I can raise my geometry grade and manage to have my car for a little longer." I get up, placing the mug in the sink before slinging my bag on my back.

"Then we need to stop at Derek's before going." Isaac announces, getting up and walking to the door.

"Why Derek's?" I ask, the two of us walking out as I locked the door.

"I didn't think you were actually going to school today." Isaac and I walked to his car, rain droplets sprinkling my sweater.

"I really like my car, and I'm tired of calling people to drive me places because I can't get anything right." I explain.

"Well didn't you finish your homework." Isaac starts the car.

"Yeah, but it's not like it's going to take me a day to accomplish everything. I'm not perfect and this isn't a perfect world." I furrow my eyebrows, looking down at the blurred pavement.

"Well, it's not a perfect would in the first place, but you need to make it into something that can reflect perfection."

"How could someone do that when they live in a supernatural world full of werewolves." I state out, Isaac glancing at me for a second.