4.

Asia Clarke

Asia's Outfit

SaMiyah And I Were At The Park As I Watched Her Play. She Was Having A Blast As She Played With The Other Kids. It Hurt My Heart To Know That She'd Probably Never Have Any Siblings, But Oh Well.

"Excuse Me Miss." I Heard A Deep Voice Say. I Looked Up And Saw A Strange Man Staring Down At Me.

"Yes?" I Said.

"You Are Very Beautiful." He Said. I Smiled.

"Thank You." I Said.

"Do You Mind If I Sit With You?" He Asked.

"Um...I'm Actually Waiting On Someone." I Said.

"Oh Yeah? What A Boyfriend? A Husband?" He Asked. Damn This Guy Is Nosey!

"Yeah...Something Like That." I Lied. I Looked Over At The Playground And Saw That SaMiyah Was Still Playing.

"Well I Hope He's Treating You Right." He Said.

"I'm Treating Her Just Fine." I Heard A Familiar Voice Say. Dex Was Giving The Man A Terrifying Glare As The Guy Slowly Backed Away.

"I Don't Want No Trouble Man. Just Admiring Your Girl." He Said.

"Admire From Afar Nigga." He Said. The Guy Nodded And Quickly Walked Away. I Giggled As Dex Sat Next To Me.

"Thank You! He Was Getting On My Nerves!" I Said. He Chuckled.

"No Problem." He Said, Scanning The Playground. I'm Pretty Sure He Was Looking For My Baby Girl. She's Gonna Freak When She See Him And Not In The Bad Way.

"How Are You?" He Asked.

"I'm Good. Just Tired." I Said.

"You Work Too Hard." He Said, Looking At Me.

"I Got To. It's Not Just Me Anymore." I Sighed.

"I Feel Ya. Keep Grinding Baby Girl." He Said. I Laughed.

"Dex! Dex! Dex!" SaMiyah's Little Voice Said As She Ran Towards Us. He Stood Up And Scooped SaMiyah In His Arms And Hugged Her Tight.

"What's Up Lil Bit?" He Said, Kissing Her Cheek. She Giggled. I Smiled As I Watched Them Play Around And Spend Quality Time Together.

"Mommy Can Dex Come Home With Us?" SaMiyah Asked.

"No Baby. Uncle Dex Is Busy." I Said. She Pouted As She Looked At Dex. He Sighed And Looked At Me. I Mouthed No As I Shook My Head.

"I'm Never Too Busy For My Lil Bit. Let's Go." He Said.

"Yay!" She Cheered As She Grabbed Both Our Hands. I Gave Him A Death Glare And Rolled My Eyes. He Know What He's Doing And I Don't Like It. He Smirked As He Picked SaMiyah Up And Carried Her To The Car.

*

When We Got Back To My House, SaMiyah Drug Dex To Her Room To Show Him Her New Inside Out Bedroom Theme That I Had Just Surprised Her With Not To Long Ago. While They Were In Her Room, I Decided To Get Dinner Started. I Do All Of My Motherly Duties Before I Get Ready For My Second Job At Magic City. By That Time, India Should Just Now Be Getting Off Of Work And SaMiyah Would Be In Bed. I Pulled Out Everything That I Would Need To Make Spaghetti, But Before I Could Start Cooking...My Phone Started Ringing.

"Hello." I Answered, Without Looking At My Screen.

"A-Asia." I Heard India Said. It Sounded Like She Was Crying.

"Indy? What's Wrong?" I Said.

"It's Semaj." She Said.

"Semaj? What About Semaj?" I Asked.

"He's Out!" She Said. My Heart Dropped As I Dropped My Phone. I Felt My Entire Body Freeze Over As I Just Stared At The Stove. Did I Hear Her Correctly? Did She Just Say That My Ex Was Out?

"Asia? Asia!" I Heard. I Jumped As I Quickly Bent Down And Grabbed My Phone.

"India Please Stop Playing With Me." I Said, As I Started Shaking.

"I'm Not. He Just Went By Mama's House Looking For You." She Said. I Felt The Tears Swell Up In My Eyes As I Quickly Stood To My Feet.

"He Didn't Hurt Her Did He?" I Asked. Though Me And My Mom's Relationship Wasn't Perfect, I Still Loved And Cared About Her.

"No. He Threatened Her Though. She's Really Shaken Up. You Need To Figure Out Something Before He Finds You." She Said.

"I Know. Um...I'll Call You Back." I Said. I Hung Up As The Tears Started To Fall.

"Aye Asia--" I Heard Dex Say. I Wiped My Face As I Turned To Face Him.

"What's Wrong?" He Asked.

"N-Nothing. What's Up?" I Said. Dex Shook His Head As He Grabbed Me By My Waists And Pulled Me Towards Him. He Lifted My Chin Up And Looked At Me.

"What's Wrong?" He Said.

"Semaj Is Out!" I Cried. He Tensed Up As He Looked At Me. He Looked At Me Like He Had Seen A Ghost Or Something.

"Did You Hear Me?" I Asked. He Blinked A Few Times Before Nodding His Head.

"Yeah. Um...Shit...What You Gon Do?" He Asked. I Shrugged.

"I Have To Run." I Said.

"Run Where?" He Asked.

"I Don't Know. I Just Know I Have To Go." I Said. He Didn't Say Anything As He Just Stared Off Into Space.

"I Need You To Take SaMiyah With You Until My Shift Is Over At The Strip Club." I Said.

"What? Naw Man I Can't Do That." He Said.

"Please Dex! I Have To Make At Least Three Stacks Tonight So I Can Leave Town." I Begged. He Sighed As He Ran His Fingers Across His Face.

"Please Dex." I Said Again. He Sighed.

"Aight Fine, But Under One Condition." He Said.

"Anything!" I Said.

"We Leave At Midnight." He Said.

"Wait...We?" I Said.

"Yeah We! As In You And Me, Plus MiyMiy Makes Three." He Said.

"Why Do You Want To Go? Semaj Will Kill You!" I Said.

"Nah...He Ain't Crazy Enough. Besides...I Need To Keep You And Lil Bit Safe." He Said. I Smiled As I Hugged Him Tight.

"Thank You So Much! I Don't Know What I Would Do Without You. And You Got A Deal." I Said.