9.

Asia Clarke

Four Years Ago...

I Was Fifteen Years Old When I Met Semaj Jackson And He Wasn't Like Any Other Guy I've Ever Met. He Was Sweet, Funny, And So Motivated; And There Was Something About Him That Made Me So Intrigued.

I Had Always Been A Goody Two Shoes, But That All Change Once I Hit Puberty. At The Tender Age Of Fourteen, My Body Developed Dramatically And It Was Like I Sprouted Overnight Or Something. I Went To Sleep With A Flat Chest And A Flat Ass, But As Soon As The Sun Rose Up...I Was A Full Figured Preteen. The Only Downside To This Was That I Still Had Braces That Were Still Working On My Crooked Ass Teeth!

One Day, My Mom Sent Me To The Store To Get Some Bread And Some Chips So She Could Make Me And My Big Sister India Some Lunch Before She Went To Work. I Dreaded Going To The Store Only Because It Was Right Next To The Project Housing And I Never Felt Comfortable Going Over That Way. I Ended Up Going To The Store Anyways And There Was A Bunch Of Guys Posted Up Outside Of The Store When I Walked Up.

"Damn! Sup Sexy?" Somebody Called Out To Me.

"Hey Gorgeous!" Another Guy Yelled. I Ignored Them And Proceeded Into The Store. I Got The Items My Mom Wanted And Even Got Me And India A Candy Bar With The Left Over Change. A Kit Kat For Me And A Butterfinger For Indy. I Walked Out Of The Store And Before I Could Start My Journey Back Home, I Felt Someone Grab My Arm.

"Aye Sexy...Lemme Holla At You Real Quick." He Said.

"I'm Not Interested Now Please Get Your Hands Off Of Me." I Said. He Chuckled As He Slid His Arm Around My Waist And Leaned Down Towards My Face.

"Let Me Show You Why They Call Me Big Mike." He Said. His Breath Reeked Of Weed And Hot Cheetohs Which Made Me Sick To My Stomach.

Big Mike

"I'll Pass. Now Again...Get Your Hands Off Of Me!" I Snapped.

"Aight Cool Baby. Let Me At Least Get Your Number Then." He Said.

"Damn Big Mike The Girl Said No! Take Your Begging Ass On!" Another Guy Asked. He Approached Us And Shoved Big Mike Away From Me.

"I'm Sorry About That Baby Girl. That Nigga Can Never Get Any Play." He Said.

"I Can See." I Said, Rolling My Eyes. He Laughed As He Held Out His Hand.

"I'm Semaj." He Said.

" He Said

Semaj

"Nice To Meet You." I Said, Declining His Handshake. He Shrugged And Dropped His Hand.

"What's Your Name?" He Asked.

"Stranger." I Said. He Laughed.

"Damn! Aight Then...That'll Be The Last Time I Help Your Mean Ass Out!" He Said, Still Laughing. I Couldn't Help But To Laugh With Him.

"I'm Sorry. Thank You For That By The Way. I'm Asia." I Said.

"Nice To Meet You Miss Asia." He Said.

"Thanks, But It's Just Asia." I Said. He Bit His Bottom Lip And Smirked At Me. I Blushed A Little As I Looked Up At Him And Took In His Handsome Features.

"My Bad...Asia." He Said. I Nodded My Head As I Started To Cross The Street, But He Grabbed My Arm.

"Let Me Give You A Ride Home Sweetie. It Look Like It's About To Start Pouring Down Raining." He Said. I Shook My Head.

"No Thanks. A Little Rain Never Hurt Anybody." I Said. I Looked Both Ways Before Quickly Walking Across The Street. I Turned To Get One Last Glance At Semaj, But To My Surprise...He Was Right Behind Me.

"So What You Get From The Store?" He Asked.

"Damn! You Are One Nosey Fella." I Said. He Laughed.

"And You Are A Little Too Young To Be Cussing Ain't Ya? How Old Are You?" He Asked.

"Old Enough." I Said, Rolling My Eyes. He Chuckled.

"Shit...You Can't Be No More Then Sixteen Or Seventeen." He Said.

"Actually I'm Fifteen." I Said.

"Nah...Can't Be." He Said.

"Well I Am." I Said. "But I'll Be Sixteen Next Month."

"Oh Word? How Old You Think I Am?" He Asked.

"Uh...Nineteen Or Twenty." I Said. He Laughed.

"Good Guess, But Nah...I'm Twenty Two." He Said. My Eyes Widened As I Looked Down At The Concrete. Why Was His Overgrown Ass Talking To Me Then? When We Got To The Top Of My Street, I Stopped Walking And Faced Him.

"Well...I Appreciate You Walking Me Halfway Home, But I Can Take It From Here." I Said. He Nodded As He Grabbed My Hand And Kissed It.

"It Was Really Nice Meeting You Asia. Hopefully I'll See You Around." He Said. I Shrugged.

"You Just Might." I Said.

"Well...How About We Make That A Definite Possibility. Do You Have A Phone?" He Asked.

"I Do, But I'm Not Giving You My Number." I Said. He Raised His Eyebrows Surprisingly.

"Oh Yeah?" He Said.

"Yeah. You're Old Enough To Be My...Older Brother." I Said. He Nodded His Head In Agreement.

"Yeah You Right. How Bout We Get To Know Each Other And I Can Be Your Play Brother?" He Said. Well...There's No Harm In That Right? I Sighed As I Pulled My Phone Out And Handed It To Him, While He Handed Me His Phone. He Locked His Number In My Phone And Saved It Under Daddy Maj, While I Just Simply Saved My Name As Asia In His Phone.

"I'll Hit You Up Tonight." He Said. I Nodded As He Pulled Me Into A Hug And I Awkwardly Hugged Him Back. We Then Went Our Separate Ways As I Quickly Hurried To My House. I Couldn't Wait To Tell Indy About My New So Called Play Brother.