19.

Asia Clarke

Three Months Later...

The Struggles Of Being A Teen Parent Are Definitely Starting To Take A Toll On My Life, But I'm Trying My Best To Push Through. I'm Already In The Middle Of My Junior Year In High School, Plus I'm Still Working At McDonalds, And I Have Court Coming Up. Come To Find Out, Semaj Has Been Wanted For Awhile, But Nobody Could Ever Catch Him Doing Dirt. Lucky For Me, I Witnessed Him Murdering Two People AND I Pressed Charges On Him For Kidnapping My Daughter So He Is For Surely Gonna Do Hard Time. I'm Not Proud Of What I Have To Do, But Semaj Is A Dangerous Person And He Needs To Be Put Away. I'm Just Scared That If I Testify Against Him In Court Then He's Gonna Send People After Me And My Baby. I Can't Let That Happen.

"Hi Baby!" I Squealed As I Walked Into The House. My Mom Was Watching SaMiyah While I Went To School, And India Watches Her While I Go To Work.

"How Was School?" My Mom Asked.

"It Was Good. I Got A Lot Of Homework To Do." I Said, Picking SaMiyah Up Out Of Her Baby Bouncer. I Kissed Her Cheek And Held Her Close. Being Away From Her For Eight Hours A Day Really Upsets Me. Not To Mention The Hour I Get To Spend With Her Before I Leave For Another Five Hours To Work. By The Time I'm Back Home, She's Asleep And I Have To Do Homework.

"I Believe It. Put Her Down And Go Get Ready For Work. I'll Drop You Off On My Way To The Hospital." She Said. My Mom Was A Nurse And She Worked A Whole Bunch Of Crazy Hours. I Don't Know How She Does It Though. How Can She Manage Two Kids, A Grandchild, And Working Without Sleeping? I Admire Her For That. I Huffed As I Laid SaMiyah Down And Went Upstairs To Get Ready For Work. I Really Wasn't Up To Working Today, But What Choice Did I Have? I Had No Choice Because Babies Are Expensive.

After I Was Dressed, I Sat Down And Started On Some Homework So I Wouldn't Have Much To Do When I Got Home Tonight. My Phone Started Vibrating On My Bed And I Quickly Got Up To Answer It. It Was An Unknown Number.

"Hello?" I Said.

"You Have A Collect Call From...Maj...An Inmate From The Georgia Correctional Facility. Do You Wish To Accept?" The Automatic Voice Person Said. My Heart Started Beating Fast.

"No!" I Said, Quickly Hanging Up. I Tossed My Phone On The Bed And Went To Finish On My Homework, But It Started Vibrating Again. I Groaned In Frustration As I Grabbed My Phone Again, But This Time It Wasn't Semaj Calling. It Was Dex.

"Hey Dex." I Answerer.

"Nah Bitch You Thought This Was Dex!" I Heard Semaj's Voice Say. A Wave Of Fear Came Over Me As I Froze Up.

"Semaj...I..." I Stammered, But He Cut Me Off.

"Shut The Fuck Up!" He Growled. "You Gon Regret Ever Snitching On Me Bitch! I Got Something For Your Ass Though! You Better Watch Your Back Cause I'm Coming For That Ass!"

"Is That A Threat?" I Asked, Swallowing Hard.

"Nah Baby Girl. It's A Fucking Promise!" He Snapped. And With That...The Line Went Dead. I Stood There Completely Shaken Up As I Stared At The Wall.

"Asia Come On! Your Sister Is Here." My Mom Said, Coming Into My Room. I Didn't Move.

"Asia! Did You Hear Me?" She Said. I Didn't Respond.

"Asia? Baby What's Wrong?" She Asked As She Walked Up To Me. The Tears Were Falling Down My Face As I Cried Into My Mom's Chest.

"He's Gonna Kill Me!" I Cried.

"Who's Gonna Kill You? Asia What Are You Talking About?" She Asked.

"Semaj! He Called And Threatened Me!" I Sobbed. My Mom Sighed As She Rubbed My Back.

"Shh...It's Gonna Be Okay. He's Not Gonna Hurt You." She Said.

"Yes He Will!" I Cried.

"Listen...We'll Call The Detective And See If He Can Have Some People Watch The House For A Few Days. Okay? And We'll Also Get Your Number Changed So He Can't Call You Anymore. Will That Make You Feel Better?" She Asked. I Nodded My Head.

"Okay. I'm Gonna Go Make The Call. You Call Your Job And Tell Them You Aren't Coming In Today. You Can't Go To Work Like This." She Said. I Nodded As She Kissed My Forehead And Hurried Out Of My Room. I Got Myself Together And Called My Job To Let Them Know I Wasn't Coming In. I Lied And Told Them My Daughter Was Sick And I Was Taking Her To The Emergency Room. I'll Just Have My Mom Forge A Fake Doctors Note For Me To Give To Them Whenever I Decide To Go Back.