29.

Dex Porter

I Woke Up Around Five In The Morning And Quietly Eased Out Of Bed. Asia Was Snuggled Up Against Me Still Fast Asleep, But I Gently Pulled Away From Her And Got Out Of Bed. I Walked Into The Bathroom To Handle My Hygiene And Get Dressed Before I Prepared Myself For This Three To Four Hour Drive Back To Atlanta. I Decided To Go Ahead And Face Semaj Myself Because I Had Nothing More To Live For, So I Rather Him Kill Me Instead Of Asia. I'm Gon Put Up One Hell Of A Fight Though So Semaj Better Come Strong Because I Won't Be Making This Easy For Him.

Once I Was Dressed, I Walked Back Into The Bedroom And Sat A Letter That I Had Written To Asia On The Pillow Next To Her. The Letter Was Basically Explaining My Decision And Why I've Chose To Do This By Myself. I Knew She Was Gonna Be Pissed, But Oh Well. I'd Give Up My Life Just To Keep Her And SaMiyah Safe. I Kissed Her Cheek Before Turning And Quietly Walking Out Of The Room. I Checked On SaMiyah Also And She Was Still Fast Asleep As Well. I Would've Kissed Her Goodbye, But Then She Would've Woke Right Up. I Grabbed My Car Keys, Cell Phone, And Duffle Bag Before Slipping Out The Door. Atlanta...Ready Or Not...Here I Come.

*

Asia Clarke

Asia Clarke

I Woke Up The Next Morning To The Sun Leaking Through My Blinds. I've Been Meaning To Buy Some Black, Room Darkening Curtains Because I Seriously Hate The Sunlight. I Yawned And Stretched Out Before Sitting Up In The Bed. I Then Looked And Noticed That I Was In Bed Alone. Where The Hell Did Dex Go? I Noticed A Folded Up Piece Of Paper That Was Sitting On Dex's Pillow And I Grabbed It, But Before I Could Open It...SaMiyah Came Running Into My Room Crying.

"What's Wrong?" I Asked, Quickly Hopping Out The Bed.

"Don't Be Mad!" She Cried.

"Mad About What? What Happened?" I Asked.

"I Had An Accident In The Bed." She Said. I Sighed And Scratched My Head.

"Stop Crying Baby Girl. I'm Not Mad At You. Accidents Happen, But Come On. Let's Get You In The Tub, While I Change Your Sheets And Stuff." I Said. She Nodded And I Walked Her Into The Bathroom And Ran Her Some Bath Water. While She Was In The Tub, I Put Her Pissy Clothes And Sheets Into The Washer And Scrubbed Her Mattress With Bleach Before I Flipped It Over And Made Up Her Bed In Her My Little Pony Sheets And Cover. After I Finished That, I Washed Her Up And Got Her Out The Tub; Dressing Her In Her Footy Pajamas And Carrying Her Downstairs.

"Momma Where's Daddy?" She Asked.

"I'm Not Sure. I'll Call Him After I Make Us Some Breakfast. You Want Pancakes Or Waffles?" I Asked.

"Waffles!" She Said. I Nodded As I Washed My Hands And Started Cooking. I Just Made Us Some Eggo Waffles, Bacon, And Scrambled Eggs. We Ate In The Living Room While We Watching Inside Out For What Felt Like The Millionth Time.

"Call Daddy." SaMiyah Said, While Eating A Piece Of Bacon.

"I Left My Phone Upstairs. I'll Be Right Back." I Said. I Hurried Upstairs To Grab My Phone And I Dialed Dex's Number. His Phone Went Straight To Voicemail And I Sighed. I Called Him Once Again, But Got The Same Results. I Then Remembered That There Was A Folded Up Piece Of Paper That Was On My Bed, And I Quickly Grabbed It And Unfolded It:

Dear Asia,

I've Decided To Go Back To Atlanta And Face Semaj By Myself. I Bet Yo Ass Pissed Off After Reading That First Sentence, But Just Keep Reading. I Have A Secret That I Feel Like You Should Know About....The Day You Testified Against Semaj, Was The Day The Police Arrested Me And Took Me In For Questioning. Semaj Tried To Pin Them Murders On Me, But I Wasn't Taking The Fall For His Ass. I Ended Up Telling The Police Everything They Wanted To Know And They Had Enough Evidence To Convict His Ass And Lock Him Up, But I Refused To Testify Against Him In Court. You Were Bold As Fuck To Do That Ma. I'm Not Proud Of Snitching On My Best Friend, But That Nigga Was Tryna Frame Me And I Wasn't Going Down For Him. The Day You Told Me He Broke Out, I Felt Like That Nigga Was Coming For Me, But He Wasn't....He Was Coming For You And I Just Couldn't Let That Happen. I Don't Know What It Is About You, But I've Developed Feelings For You Over The Last Three Years. At First I Blocked Those Feelings Out Because I Wasn't Trying To Go There With Your Young Ass, But Now...I Want This Shit All Out In The Open. You And SaMiyah Mean The World To Me And Like I Told You Before Ma...I Got You. Just Do Me One Favor And Stay In That House With SaMiyah. The House Is Already Paid For And There's Money Hidden All Through The House, But A Majority Of The Money Is In The Attic And That Should Last You And Lil Bit For The Rest Of Y'all Lives. Don't Come Looking For Me Ma Because I'll Probably Be Good And Dead By The End Of The Night. I Love Y'all And Be Safe Aight? Bet.

- Love Dex

Tears Slid Down My Cheeks As I Sat The Letter Down And Dialed Dex's Number Again. It Went To Voicemail, But This Time I Left A Message.

"Dex...What The Hell!! I Just Read This Note You Left Me And I'm Pissed Off! Why Didn't You Talk To Me About This Instead Of Leaving? You Know What?...I'm Coming To Atlanta And We're Gonna Finish This Together! I Love You Too Dexton...And So Does SaMiyah." I Said. I Ended The Call And Went To Pack Me And SaMiyah A Bag. I Don't Have A Legit Plan, But I'm Sure I'll Think Of Something.