14.

Asia Clarke

My Heart Started Racing When I Heard Semaj's Voice Echoing Through The House. I Couldn't Believe That Dex Really Told Him That I Was Here, But Then Again...His Loyalty Isn't To Me. It's To Semaj.

I Walked Back Into The Bedroom And Put On My Grey Joggers And My Black Tank Top That I Had Picked Out To Wear For Today.

I Then Started Packing Up My Bag So That I Could Leave

I Then Started Packing Up My Bag So That I Could Leave. I Heard Footsteps Coming Down The Hall And Then The Bedroom Door Opened.

"Hey Asia." I Heard Semaj Say.

"Hey." I Said, In A Low Voice. I Zipped Up My Bag And Stood Up, Putting The Bag Strap Over My Shoulder.

"Where You Think You Going?" He Asked. I Turned To Face Him.

"Downtown To The Homeless Shelter." I Said. I Tried To Walk Pass Him, But He Grabbed Me By My Waist And Closed The Door With His Foot.

"Stop Semaj!" I Said.

"Shh. Why Didn't You Call Me After Your Mom Kicked You Out? Wait...Why Did You Get Kicked Out In The First Place?" He Asked.

"I Did Call You And You Didn't Answer! Probably Was With That Bitch From Last Night." I Said, Crossing My Arms. He Sighed And Removed His Hands Off Of My Waist.

"Asia Listen..." He Began, But I Cut Him Off.

"Just Tell Me This...Did You Sleep With Her?" I Asked. He Sucked In His Teeth.

"Why Does That Matter?" He Asked.

"Because It Does Semaj! DID YOU?" I Snapped. He Sighed And Ran His Fingers Across His Beard.

"Yeah." He Said. My Heart Stopped As I Took A Deep Breath. Okay...I Definitely Wasn't Suspecting That. The Tears Poured From My Eyes As Shoved Him As Hard As I Could.

"I Hate You! I Fucking Hate You!" I Cried. I Pushed Him Out Of My Way And Walked Out Of The Room, Accidentally Bumping Into Dex.

"I'm Sorry. Thanks For Letting Me Stay." I Cried. I Slid Pass Him And Headed Outside. It Was Pouring Down Raining And That Stopped Me Dead In My Tracks. I Cried Harder As I Sat Down On The Stairs And Buried My Face In My Hands.

"Asia...Man Come Back Inside And Chill Out. This Weather Is Bad As Hell And The News Said It Supposed To Be A Tornado." Dex Said.

"No I'm Okay. My Sister Is Coming To Get Me." I Lied.

"You Really Gon Let Your Sister Drive In This Mess?" He Asked.

"Dex...Please Just Leave Me Alone." I Said.

"Shit I Would, But You See...You Crying And I Hate Seeing Women Cry. Though You Ain't A Woman Just Yet." He Said. I Laughed A Little.

"Aw Shit! I Got A Little Laugh There." He Said, Making Me Laugh A Little Harder.

"Come On Back Inside Lil Ma. Once This Storm Is Over Then I'll Take You Wherever You Want To Go." He Said.

"Promise?" I Said.

"Yeah Man." He Said. A Small Smile Crept Up On My Face.

"Okay. Give Me A Minute." I Said. He Nodded As He Stood Up.

"60...59...58..." He Counted As He Walked Back In The House. I Giggled As I Pulled My Phone Out And Called My Mom.

"Hello." She Answered.

"Mom..." I Said.

"What Is It Asia? I'm At Work." She Said.

"Mom Please Let Me Come Back Home. I Can't Survive On These Streets By Myself. I-I Almost Got Raped Last Night Because I Was Out Here All Alone. I Know Your Mad And Disappointed In Me And I'm Really Sorry, But Mom...I Need You." I Said, As A Fresh Set Of Tears Fell Down My Face.

"I Don't Know Asia." She Said. Her Voice Sounded Stressed And Cracked.

"Momma Please! I Promise If You Let Me Come Back Home Then I'll Get A Job And Do Whatever I Have To Do. You Won't Have To Do Anything For Me Or The Baby!" I Said. She Sighed.

"Calm Down Baby. You Can Come Home, But You Will Be On Complete Lockdown! School, Work, And Home ONLY! Do I Make Myself Clear?" She Said.

"Yes Ma'am! Crystal Clear." I Said.

"Okay Then. Where Are You?" She Asked.

"At My Friend Dex's House." I Said.

"Okay...I'll Call You When I Get Off, But In The Meantime...You Better Be Filling Out Applications Missy." She Said.

"I Will. I'll Get Started Right Now. Thanks Mommy. I Love You." I Said.

"Yeah, Yeah. I Love Your Butt Too." She Said. I Giggled As I Hung Up The Phone And Wiped My Face. All This Damn Crying Was Giving Me A Headache. I Grabbed My Bag And Headed Back Inside Dex's House And Sat On The Couch. I Rubbed My Flat Stomach And Sighed Deeply As I Looked Around Dex's Living Room. He Definitely Needed A Woman's Touch In His Living Room Because All He Has In Here Is A Sectional Couch, A Flat Screened TV, A DVD Collection, A PS4, And A Fish Tank. I Got Up And Walked Over To The Fish Tank To See What Kinds Of Fish Dex Had. I Kid You Not...This Nigga Had Almost Every Finding Nemo Character In His Tank. I Giggled, But Then Gasped When I Felt A Hand Grab My Ass. I Turned And Saw Semaj Standing There Smirking.

"You Ready To Talk Now?" He Said.

"No." I Said, Rolling My Eyes. I Went And Sat Back On The Couch And Crossed My Arms.

"So You Mad?" He Asked. I Glared At Him And Shook My Head.

"So You Think This Is Funny? Semaj Ain't Nobody Playing With You! You Weren't There When I Needed You The Most And That Just Shows That You Don't Give A Damn About Me!" I Snapped.

"That's Not True And You Know It." He Said.

"I Don't Know Shit!" I Hissed. He Sighed As He Crossed His Arms And Stared At Me.

"So Really Asia? We Acting All Hard And Shit Now?" He Asked. I Cocked My Head To The Side And Matched His Glare.

"This Isn't An Act! You Might Think This Is Funny, But I Don't! I Was Almost Raped Last Night By Some Of YOUR Friends, And Where Were You? Fucking Some Random Girl!" I Yelled.

"Okay And I'm Gon Handle Them Niggas Asia! They Gon Get What's Coming To Them, But I Still Don't Know Why You're So Damn Mad! I Never Said We Were In A Relationship, Therefore...I'm Free To Fuck Whoever I Want." He Said. I Shook My Head. Wow...Unbelievable!

"And It's That Type Of Thinking That Let's Me Know That You Aren't Ready To Be A Daddy!" I Said.

"Say What?" He Said.

"You Heard Me! I'm Pregnant With YOUR Baby! That's Why My Mom Kicked Me Out!" I Said. His Facial Expression Was Priceless Right About Now.

"Yo...I Did Not See That One Coming!" Dex Said. He Was Laughing As He Came Out Of The Kitchen With A Bowl Of Cereal In His Hand. Wow...I Didn't Even Know His Nosey Ass Was Even Listening. Ugh! Fuck My Life.