17.

Dex Was A Life Savor And I Couldn't Thank Him Enough For Coming Over To Help Me With SaMiyah. To Be Honest, He Was Actually Really Good With Her And He Ended Up Staying The Entire Day So I Could Get Some Very Much Needed Rest. He Was Literally The Best God Dad Ever! Even Better Than Her Actual Deadbeat Dad, But Whatever.

Today Was SaMiyah's Check Up Day And I Had To Be At The Pediatricians Office In The Next Thirty Minutes. Though India Was Supposed To Take Me, Semaj Asked If He Could Take Us And I Reluctantly Said Yes. To My Surprise, Semaj Pulled Up Right On Time And He Even Got Out Of His Car To Come Retrieve SaMiyah's Car Seat While I Grabbed Her Diaper Bag.

"Hey Daddy's Baby." He Cooed As He Kissed Her Forehead. I Rolled My Eyes As I Grabbed My House Keys And Followed Him Out Of The House.

"What Time Is Her Appointment Again?" Semaj Asked Me As Soon As We Got Into His Car.

"11:30am." I Said. It Was Already 11:15am So We Had A Good Fifteen Minutes To Get There. He Just Nodded His Head As We Headed To The Doctors Office.

"How Have You Been?" He Asked, Touching My Thigh.

"Great." I Said, Removing His Hand. He Sighed And Focused Back On The Road.

"Look...I Know You're Upset About How I've Been Treating You, But--" He Began, But I Cut Him Off. I Didn't Want To Hear About Any Of His Lame Excuses.

"Save Your Excuses Cause I Really Don't Care." I Said.

"You Don't Care?" He Said.

"Nope. Sure Don't." I Said. He Started Rubbing His Hands Across His Beard As He Pulled Into The Parking Lot Of The Same Store That I Met Him At Just A Year Ago.

"Semaj...What Are You Doing?" I Asked. He Didn't Answer Me As He Pulled Up On The Side Of The Building. He Got Out The Car And Walked Over To Big Mike And That Guy That Was Always With Him. Flashbacks Of That Night They Tried To Rape Me Filled My Head And I Quickly Removed Those Horrible Images From My Head. I Watched Semaj Closely As He Chatted Up With Them For A Bit Before Looking My Way. All Eyes Were Now On Me As Big Mike Threw His Hands Up And Shook His Head Quickly. He Was Probably Denying What Happened, But By The Look On Semaj's Face...He Didn't By Anything Big Mike Was Saying. SaMiyah Started Whining A Little Bit And I Quickly Turned Around To Give Her Her Pacifier. Once She Calmed Down, I Turned Around To Focus Back On Semaj, But What I Saw Next Put Me In Total Shock. Semaj Pulled Out His Gun And Shot Both Big Mike And His Friend In The Head. I Gasped As Semaj Walked Back To The Car And Got In. He Quickly Peeled Out Of The Parking Lot And Headed Towards SaMiyah's Doctor's Office.

"Okay So Do You Care Now?" He Asked. I Was At Loss For Words Right Now. I Was Too Scared To Speak As I Swallowed Hard And Looked At Him Nervously.

"What's Wrong?" He Asked, Looking At Me. Was He Serious Right Now? I Opened My Mouth To Speak, But Then I Closed It.

"So You Ignoring Me Now Asia?" He Asked. I Shook My Head.

"Okay So Why You Not Speaking?" He Asked.

"Semaj You Just Killed Two People Like It Was Nothing! What The Hell?" I Snapped.

"Okay So? Weren't Those The Niggas That Tried To Rape You?" He Asked.

"Yes, But--" I Began, But He Cut Me Off.

"BUT NOTHING! You Should Be Lucky Dex Was There To Save Your Ass! Now They Got What They Deserve And Yo Ass Should Be Happy!" He Yelled. SaMiyah Started Crying As He Pulled Into The Doctors Office Parking Lot.

"Take Us Home! Take Us Home Right Now!" I Yelled Back.

"Hell Naw! Get Your Ass Out My Car!" He Snapped.

"No! Take Us Home!" I Snapped Back. Semaj Grabbed Me By My Hair And Punched Me In The Face Hard. I Screamed As He Leaned Over, Opened My Door, And Punched Me In The Face Again; Causing Me To Fall Out Of The Car And Hit My Head Hard On The Concrete. I Heard His Tires Screeching As He Pulled Off And Fled Out Of The Parking Lot.

"My Baby! He Got My Baby!" I Groaned As A Wave Of Fog Came Over Me And I Blacked Out.

*

My Eyes Fluttered Open Slowly As I Squinted My Eyes To Adjust To The Bright Light. I Groaned As I Grabbed My Head And Whimpered At The Throbbing Pains. I Looked Around And Noticed That I Was In An Empty Hospital Room, But The Million Dollar Question Is...How Did I Get Here? I Was About To Press The Nurse's Button, But Before I Could Do Anything, The Door Opened And A Nurse Walked In.

"Oh...You're Up!" She Said, Surprisingly.

"Yeah." I Mumbled.

"Good. How Are You Feeling?" She Asked.

"I Have A Really Bad Headache." I Said.

"That Was To Be Expected. You Hit Your Head Pretty Hard On The Concrete." She Said.

"I Did?" I Asked.

"Yes Ma'am. Some People Saw You Getting Pushed Out Of A Car And The Car Drove Off. The Police Have Also Been Notified Because You Kept Murmuring Something About...He Took Your Baby?" She Said. I Gasped Loudly As I Remembered The Events That Happened Earlier.

"Oh My God! My Baby!" I Screamed. The Nurse Jumped As She Tried To Calm Me Down, But I Wasn't Having That. She Ended Up Sending Two Police Officers Into My Room And I Told Them Everything That Happened From The Time Semaj Picked Us Up, To Before I Woke Up In The Hospital.

"So Miss Clarke...Your Child's Father Murdered Two People Before He Domestically Abused You And Kidnapped Your Daughter?" He Asked.

"Yes!" I Said.

"Well We Put Out An APB On Mr. Semaj James, And We Have Some Officers Going To The Address You Gave Us. We Promise To Return Your Daughter To You Safely, Miss Clarke." He Said. I Nodded My Head As I Wiped The Falling Tears From My Eyes. The Officer Handed Me Some Tissue And I Wiped My Eyes.

"What's Your Daughter's Name?" He Asked.

"SaMiyah." I Said.

"Oh--" He Began, But He Was Cut Off By Another Police Officer Bursting Into The Room.

"Sir! They Got Him! They Got Semaj James!" He Said.

"That Was Quick." The Officer Said.

"Yes I Know Sir. They Caught Him At A Gas Station A Few Minutes Away From His House. He Tried To Run, But We Got Him." He Said.

"Good! Where's My Baby?" I Asked. The Officer Looked At The Other Officer And Then At Me.

"There Wasn't A Baby With Him." He Said.

"WELL WHERE IS SHE! FIND MY BABY!" I Screamed.

"Calm Down Miss Clarke. We'll Question Mr. James And Ask Him About Your Daughter." He Said.

"Go! Now!" I Snapped. I Didn't Care If They Were Policeman's And I Was Disrespecting Them. All I Cared About Was Getting My Baby Back Home Safe And Sound.

(Asia's Bruised Up Face In The MM.)