30.

Semaj James

I Been Laying Low At Dex House Since Last Night And I'm Patiently Waiting On Zavier To Call Me And Let Me Know What's Up. The Longer I'm Out Here Doing My Dirt, The More Paranoid I've Become, But I'm Not Going Back To Jail Until I've Completed My Mission.

I Was Making Me A Sandwich While Watching Martin And Laughing My Ass Off. I Literally Done Made Myself At Home, But I Knew It Was Only A Matter Of Time Before I Have To Relocate To A New Hiding Spot. I Plopped Down On The Couch And Started Eating, But I Got Interrupted By My Phone Ringing.

"Talk To Me." I Answered.

"Aye Man...The Police Deep As Fuck Up Here!" Zavier Whispered.

"Say What?" I Said.

"Hell Yeah! They Kicked Me Out That Girl Room So They Could Talk To Her In Private. I Slick Think She Gon Snitch On You Man." He Said.

"If She Know What's Good For Her Then She'd Keep Her Fucking Mouth Closed!" I Snapped.

"Yeah Whatever. I Ain't Tryna Be Apart Of This Bullshit Maj. I Ain't Sign Up For This Shit!" He Said. I Chuckled.

"Little Do You Know Zavier...You're Already Apart Of It " I Said. I Hung Up In His Face And Went Back To Eating My Sandwich. I Laid Back Head Back And Huffed Loudly. That Conversation Made Me Start To Think That He Might Be Right. I Sat My Plate Down On The Couch, Grabbed My Gun, And Headed Out The House. I Checked My Surroundings Before Quickly Hurrying To The Car. I Called Zavier Back As I Started The Car And Quickly Pulled Out Of The Driveway.

"Aye Fool I'm On My Way Up There. I Need You To Meet Me Outside In Fifteen Minutes." I Said.

"Aight, But Be Careful Man. And Stay Out Of Sight." He Said.

"I Know This Fool." I Said, Hanging Up.

*

Twenty Minutes Later, I Was Pulling Up Into The Hospital Parking Lot And There Were Police Cars Everywhere.

"Shit!" I Hissed As I Parked In The Back And Ducked Down In My Seat. I Called Zavier, But He Didn't Answer My Phone Call. I Sighed In Frustration As I Called This Nigga Two More Tines, But He Didn't Answer. What The Hell Was This Nigga Doing? A Few Seconds Later, This Nigga Called Me Back.

"Bruh What The Fuck Are You Doing?" I Yelled Into The Phone. I Heard A Lot Of Static And Then Silence.

"Hello? Zavier!" I Said.

"Semaj James?" I Heard Someone Say. It Wasn't Zavier So Who The Fuck Was This?

"Nah...Wrong Person." I Said, Making My Voice A Little Deeper. Before They Could Respond, I Hung Up And Quickly Peeled Out Of The Hospital Parking Lot.

"Shit! Fuck!" I Yelled As I Punched The Dashboard Repeatedly. Them Dicks Done Got To My Only Connection And Now I Had No One. My Phone Started Ringing Again And It Was From An Unknown Number. I Ignored The Call Because I Didn't Know Who The Hell It Was. For All I Know It Could Be The Police Tryna Track My Ass.

When I Got Close To Dex's House, I Pulled The Car Over And Sat There Contemplating My Next Move. Where The Hell Was I Gonna Go From Here? My Connection To The Outside World Done Got Caught Up With The Police, My Connection To Asia Was In The Hospital, And Ain't No Telling What Dex Got Going On. I Ain't Gon Lie And Say Dex And Smart Because He Was. Not Just Street Smart, But Smart As In Book Smart. That Nigga Use To Stay With His Nose In A Book, But I Stopped All Of That And Turned Him Into A Ruthless Ass Beast. Who Knew That Nigga Would Turn On Me Though After Everything We've Been Through? I Hope It Wasn't Over Asia's Stupid Ass Because It's Supposed To Be Bros Before Hoes.

I Sighed Heavily As I Started The Car And Headed Back To Dex's House. I Wish I Could Stop And Get Some Cigarettes Or Something To Smoke, But I Knew I Couldn't. When I Turned On Dex's Street, I Slowed Down When I Noticed A Car In His Driveway. The Closer I Got, The More I Knew Whose Car It Was. That Nigga Dex Is Back At Home!