• Chapter 12 •

— The Next Night —

Instead of a break as I wanted, AJ has a match at a house show to do – which means I have a house show to do as well.

As soon as we arrived in the Sacramento area for the house show, I was immediately informed by Shane – who was surprisingly here – that I was actually scheduled for a match of my own. He also said to deliver a pipe-bomb out there to prove my dominance, which I didn't mind at all, because I very happy to do one.

The match is going to be a three-on-three tag-team match. It would be Paige, Nattie, and Becky versus Emma, Dana Brooke, and me. At least I'll be with Emma. I will be wearing my normal and official gear, of course. [Gear pic in Chapter 9]

My match was before AJ's, which he would be having his against Kevin Owens in singles competition. I put my gear for the night and already began getting ready. I hasn't wrestle in about three weeks, which is almost a complete month without wrestling on my own. I may have some ring rust going into this.

I heard a knock on the door in the small locker room I was in and spun around just in time to see AJ walking in. He didn't need permission to do so, of course. I was decent.

"Hey," I greeted him first with a warm smile.

He took a stand in front of me and mumbled out, "Hey." What's his problem now?

"What's up?" I asked him, seeing as this conversation was going nowhere in particular. It would be up to me to get the ball rolling.

He shrugged and replied, "Nothing much. Just walking around back here with nothing to know." A grin then slowly began to play along his lips.

"Oh, really now?" I inquired with a fresh smile as well. "What you wanna do, then?"

He took a big step towards me and wrapped his arms around my body, underneath my arms. "I think you know what I wanna do," he whispered with a smile and slowly began to lean into me. I pulled my arms around the back of his neck and leaned in, too.

Every time we kissed, it was like the very first time all over again, but much more exciting. I love him. I really and truly love AJ Styles. Even more, I love Alan Jones – his real name and true self. I love him for everything he ever has been, what he is now, and everything he'll be later on in life. Bottom line is that I just really and truly fucking love him — and all I really want is for him to love me back.

Maybe I was just his hook-up to a point where I'm there to remind him that he's not as alone as he thinks he is. And that was enough to put me in a coma for the rest of my life.

He was trying to go into something deeper, but I had to kindly push him off of me. He gave me a confused glare and I explained, "I have a match very soon."

"Oh," he muttered out and we slowly separated from one another. "Right. Sorry 'bout that, Britt."

"No problem," I shrugged it off. Then, my phone vibrated in my pocket and seen I had a text from Emma. "Anyway, I better go before Emma has a meltdown."

I locked my phone and placed it with my things before I passed by AJ, but then he took me by the wrist and forwarded me backwards. He gave me a simple kiss before he allowed me to officially leave. My spine stiffened and it tingled.

I arrived at the curtains only a few seconds later to see Emma and Dana Brooke waiting on me. "Hey!" Emma greeted me first with a huge smile and brought me into a hug. What happened to personal space, Emma? "You ready?"