• Chapter 30 •

- WWE Draft 2016 -

With AJ, Karl, and Luke still together as a group with myself included, we were still the bullies running the tag-team division. However, we were in for a rude awakening when it was announced that they're going to split the brands up with Stephanie taking over RAW, with Mick Foley, and Shane taking over SmackDown, with Daniel Bryan.

With Seth Rollins being RAW's first draft pick and Dean Ambrose, the current WWE Champion, being SmackDown's first. The rest of us sat backstage, yearning to know where we're headed to next and who we're going to be separated from.

They weren't going to tell us who got drafted where until its announced to the world, so this worried me when they announced that AJ was SmackDown's second pick on their roster. I was biting off my nails in the back until it was announced that was in a match against Dana Brooke for that evening.

Before that, however, I was scheduled for an interview with Shane and Bryan, themselves. So, I made my way that way, sweating bullets. I really wanted to be with my AJ. I was going to convince them of that, too.

With the cameras rolling, Shane and Bryan were in the backstage office, so I flew in with an evil grin. They faced me, attempting to laugh, but kept it professional.

"Eliza," Shane breathed out, seemingly surprised of my existence, "what can we do for you?"

"No, Shane," I began to counter him, "it's what I can do for you."

He and Bryan exchanged a questionable look before they glanced back at me. "What would that be, Eliza?" Bryan asked instead of Shane.

"Let's be honest, guys," I hinted, giving them a knowing look, "the whole entire Diva's Division needs a makeover. And, it seems like both Charlotte and Sasha are headed to Raw, while you guys - SmackDown Live - need some pretty powerful women on your roster to carry out an even better Diva's Division than Raw."

They seemed stunned, yet impressed. I can only hope that I've done my job here, to earn a place on SmackDown Live. "Tell you what, Eliza," Shane began to tell me, "if you can beat Dana tonight in your match, we'll definitely consider adding you to the SmackDown Live roster. How does that sound?"

My heart skipped a beat, especially when I seen AJ show up off-camera, but I focused on Shane and Bryan in front of me at the moment. So, I smiled and nodded frantically. "You got it," I assured them with a wink. "I win and you add me. See you guys later!"

As soon as the cameras stopped rolling our session, I ran off off-screen to AJ where we embraced in a hug. If we're on two different rosters, then we will be living two different lives. I didn't know how I would feel about that later. I just know that I won't like it whatsoever.

He kissed my forehead and our eyes met in the middle, his solid blue orbs meeting my dark ones. "What's wrong?"

I shrugged and sighed, "Worried, that's all."

"Because we might be split apart?" Why did he even have to ask? He already knows why.

I nodded, sulking my shoulders, and replied, "Yeah, and Paige and Del Rio has already been split up in the Draft, so why not us, too?"

He touched my shoulder and I perked up to it. Our eyes met again, but it hurt to see them now, so I looked away from him. Then, he touched my knee and it lit a fire within me. "We'll be okay. We always are, you know that."