• Chapter 18 •

— Later That Same Night —

Following an earlier confrontation with the Miz on "Miz TV," AJ had to step through the ropes to battle him one-on-one. But at the height of the match, Miz decided to take a walk.

However, his exit was blocked by the sudden emergence of Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson — a tandem who carried out assaults on both WWE World Heavyweight Champion , Roman Reigns, and The Usos in recent weeks. However, AJ ended up walking away victorious. Of course!

As of now, however, we're all at the local hotel after SmackDown. AJ just got out of the shower and had on his casual wear, which was his normal hat, shirt, pants, and shoes. Luke and Karl changed into something more casual as I already had my pajamas on already.

"Wait, so what exactly happened last night again?" Karl asked aloud, rubbing his forehead and eyes.

I brought my knees up to my chest underneath the covers and tried to act like I was asleep. I closed my eyes and everything, but I couldn't get passed their little whispers among each other.

I felt somebody hit my leg and my eyes flew open. Karl was at the foot of my bed, looking down at me wide-eyed. What now? "What, dude?" I whined and brought the covers up to my nose.

"What happened last night?" he asked again, but directly towards me.

"I don't know," I spat out. "Why don't you ask them what happened?"

"Ouch," Luke commented and smirked from sitting beside AJ on the other bed. AJ seemed as confused as him, staring me down to a point where he was burning a damn hole in me.

"Something obviously happened," Karl scoffed and bit down on his bottom lip. He knew that it was better to keep his comments to himself. "Seriously, what happened?"

"First of all, I paid a stripper twenty-five dollars for you spending two minutes with her and claiming that she was your new wife," I told him right off the bat. "And you passed out right after that."

His face fell, but AJ and Luke busted out laughing. "Holy shit! Are you serious?!" Karl was taking this fully seriously, in fear that his wife will find out, while AJ and Luke were laughing their asses off right now. I nodded and he stood up, freaking the fuck out. If he had hair, it would've been snatched out by himself. "Oh, my God! What if my wife finds out?!"

"She won't, now calm down!" I demanded because of his freak-out. I shoved the covers halfway off of my body and groaned. "I paid for the hoe out of my own pocket — which reminds me... You owe me twenty-five dollars."

"Shit, you can have my whole paycheck if you don't tell my wife what happened," he said very seriously as he began to get his wallet out.

"Well, shit, then," I laughed and sat up, extending my hand towards him. "I'll take it now please. I ain't saying shit."

Karl glanced over his shoulder at me and we exchanged a friendly smile. He winked at me before he threw me twenty-five dollars in cash, before putting his wallet in the back pocket again.

I took the money and my mouth fell open. "Um... You said your whole paycheck, sweetheart, and this ain't it," I pointed out with a huge grin on my face. "I'll fight you for the rest!"