• Chapter 32 •

"AJ?!" I jumped up after hearing him say something, but he wasn't there. That's weird, I thought to myself. I just heard him.

Somehow, my hand waved over my belly, that was still small. I knew what was wrong. I was pregnant. I didn't know rather to be happy or sad. I'm truly and utterly happy, especially because it's AJ's, but he doesn't want any more kids.

I pressed the button on the side of my bed, alarming the nurse. A split second later, she came flying in and asked, "Yes, ma'am? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"My... My boyfriend, Alan. Where is he?" I chirped in confusion with my eyebrows together.

She smiled and squeaked out, "Ah, yes. Your husband, Alan Jones, is out in the lobby. Would you like for me to go get him for you?"

My mouth was gapped open when she said that he was my husband instead of boyfriend, but I just ended up nodding. "Yes, please. If you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all," she confirmed and turned on her heel to exit my room. "Be right back!"

She left and left the door ajar, probably for AJ, as I waited impatiently for his arrival. Was he mad at me? It wasn't like I was keeping this from me. Bloody hell, I didn't even know that I was pregnant!

I recognized him immediately when he carefully walked in and shut the door quietly behind him. He didn't have any sort of emotion on his face at the moment, just a flat-line smirk. It made me skeptical that he was bottling up all of his anger until we get home where he can unleash it all out on me.

"AJ," I choked out, practically whispering while trying my best to hold back my tears. "I-I didn't know. You have to know that I didn't. Please believe me."

He took a step closer, rubbing his beard roughly. "You mean that you didn't know?"

I shook my head and agreed, "I didn't know, AJ. What did the doctor say? How far along am I?"

He sighed and took, yet again, another step forward. Our eyes met, yet his were more hesitant. "He says that you're at least eight or more weeks pregnant, yet you didn't know?"

Mother of God... "NO," I growled, rolling my eyes and throwing my arms in the air. "I didn't know, AJ. Not until I heard you and the doctor talking while I was out of it or whatever."

"So, you heard all of that?" he questioned, coming closer to me with his arms crossed. I nodded, instead of giving him an verbal answer. "Must have heard that you and the baby will be okay, too, then, right?" Again, I nodded against saying anything. "How could you not know that you were pregnant, Britt?"

I gulped, feeling the pressure boiling up, but I couldn't say. Reason being is because I just didn't know. Some women don't ever know until they deliver, based off of that show that's on TV.

I shrugged and simply said, "I just really do not know, AJ. But, now that it's happening, I can't wrestle anymore."

That's when his attitude and posture suddenly changed when he looked at me, almost confused and disgusted all in one expression, and he huffed loudly enough to wake this whole hallway of people. He raised his eyebrows and grunted, "Then, you should be happy now that you're pregnant. Congrats, Britt."

Then, that's when he suddenly flew out of the room as fast as that nurse had came in before. He was gone, making sure to slam the door behind him. I just sat there, since I had no other choice in the matter, and felt my face hardening. My eyes began to water and the tears slowly poured down my cheeks.

I didn't know what he meant by that. Rather he believed me or not is still questionable to me. The worst part is... I didn't know if we were over or not. He acts like I meant to get pregnant, which I didn't, because I had finally come to terms that he – along with Karl and Luke – would be my only kids. I didn't know that my happiness would become my weakness and let-down all because he doesn't want anymore kids.

Does he even want me anymore?

• Yup, 700 words, basically... Anyways, next chapter will be the epilogue, so I don't have to worry about this anymore... Prepare yourself for it All the love .xx •