Anything Can Happen In A Bus

"Mimi! Get over 'ere! Yer gonna be late!" Midori's father called from the bottom of the stairs. "Comin' daddy!" Midori yelled back. She was packing up for the camp that her father had agreed to with her friend Daisy Belinda. Midori was dressed in a denim skirt and a brown tanktop with a denim vest with her badge on it and some boots.

"Mimi, got everythin'?" Daisy asked, brushing her best friends hair. "Mhm! It's gon' be fun! I can't wait to get over there and meet new people!"

"Got your phone?" "Check." "Journal?" "Check." "Hat?" Midori tied the hair tie around the ends of her long blonde hair. She grabbed the hat off of her desk. "Can't leave home without my hat." She smiled.

Daisy scratched her head. She was a short haired brunette with some dimples. "Come home soon, ya hear?" "I hear ya loud 'n clear, Days." Midori and Daisy rushed downstairs. "I'm ready!"

"You be safe, alright?" Her dad said. "Course daddy. I'll be back quick!" They hugged each other, then she hugged Daisy.

"Keep an eye out for Bullseye for me!" Midori called while getting out of the house. There was a bus there. The hot warm sun beamed over her like a big hug.

She glanced at the sun and smiled a toothy smile. The doors opened and she climbed aboard. She looks around at the people while she walks down the aisle. It was full of loud and soft voices and shuffling of things moving around.

Some of them had multicolored eyes, some of their eyes perked up, some of them had some studs on their noses, and some just looked normal.

Except there were no available seats until she went to the back and sat next to a scrawny boy with fiery red hair. One of his eyes were pale orange and the other was pale green. 

His clothes was a white t-shirt and he wore a white and black striped hoodie over with dark jeans and black sneakers. He seemed to hug himself a bit and leaned his head on the window. He wore some glasses with a slight tint that seemed to match his eyes.

He didn't seem to notice she was even there. She saw his stuff on the floor in front of his feet. There was a notebook peering out of it, opened just a crack. It was a drawing of someone but she couldn't tell. But that person had a similar hat to hers.

She dropped her stuff at her feet and tapped on his shoulder, which made him just and look at her with a nervous look.

"Hiya!" She beamed. "I'm Midori! But you can call me Mimi. If ya want to." Her eyes glistened bright green and bright yellow.

"U-u-uh... U-u-uhm...." He stammered, rubbing his arm. He avoided looking her in the eye. His cheeks flared up. W-wow. She's r-really p-pretty. He thought.

"What's yer name stranger?" Midori asked. "C-Carnelian..." He stammered. "Please call me C-Cal..."

"Well it's nice to meetcha Cal!" Midori exclaimed. "M-mhm... Y-y-you t-too, Mimi..." He said and looked out the window. Mimi giggled and pulled out her phone.

"Hey, do you gotta phone?" She asked. Of course they would have a phone because they're fourteen.

Cal glanced at her. "M-m-mhm..." "What's your number? Since we are goin' to the same camp and so... Yeah." Cal searched in his backpack and took out his phone and pointed it towards her.

She took it and handed him her phone. They entered their phone numbers and gave them back to their rightful owners.

Just as Cal was putting his phone away he had a sharp pain around his right temple and flinched. His light orange eye turned darker and brighter. "Whoa Cal, are you okay?" Midori asked.