The Forest

"So we're going to be stuck here for the rest of the day!?" 

"This is ridiculous!" 

"He said we'll get out alive. Why would he say that?!"

"Welp."

"Hey Romeo, why do you think they want to test out sanity?" Jasper asked. "I-I don't know..." "I reckon it's just to test our durability in these here woods." Midori said, fixing her hat. "Perhaps they have a reason of testing us before our actual tests?" Marz asked. Apparently, Lilith came with us too. 

"This is actually a sort of test." Lilith said. "The results are supposed to be how you react to difficult situations and survive in difficult terrains." Jasper smirked. "This will be a peace of cake!" He said. 

"How can you be so sure?" I asked. "It's easy! Just find something to eat, cook it, find something fun to do for the rest of the day!" Jasper said it so casually. Is he always going to be like this?

"It's not going to be that easy, Braith." Lilith said. "This forest contains wild animals and poisonous plants. Unless you have a real guide or a survival kit or actual materials for doing this stuff, naturally you wouldn't be able to survive in here." Jasper took off his hat and scratched his head. "Eh, but that kid with the falcon lived in the woods for how long?" He said.

Marz rolled her eyes. "First of all, that was a book, My Side of the Mountain? And second of all, he had $40, flint and steel, some cord, and a penknife. All we have is-- basically nothing." She replied. I can sense that someone was behind us, but of course it could have just been a coincedence. 

Being the weird, paranoid kid I am, I look behind all of us to find that nobody was there. "Is there something wrong, Carnelian?" Lilith asked. Her cold eyes stared at me. Why is she staring at me..? Stop... STOP. 

"Y-yeah. I-I'm fine..." "Really? Ya looked like you've seen a ghost!" Midori poked my shoulder. There was a rustle in the bushes. I knew something was there. Jasper and I both walked over to it. Wait, why am I walking over to it?

Just as I was about to touch just the tip of a leaf, Lilith stopped me with-- a stick? It was long and was actually just a staff. Did she always have that with her? Did I just not notice? "Don't touch the plants." She raised it a little, just under my chin. 

"O-okay." She pulled the leaves away to see it was a rabbit. I was worried about a rabbit. How lame can I get? "We might as well make a makeshift camp." Marazine said. A small breeze flew by. Although, what I would call a small breeze must have been really cold to the others, cause they're shivering.

"Urrgh! It's summer! Why is it cold?" Marz complained. "It's not cold." "Well you're wearing a sweater, Cal." I took off my sweater and tied it around my waist. "There. We're both even." 

"How can you stand this?" Midori asked me. "Well, I-I don't know. I guess I'm just used to it, you know?" Midori's shoulders sagged lazily. "No. No I dunno. It's cold as Antarctica!" 

3rd Person P.O.V.

Soon they all started walking no where in particular. "You know, if we're going to go and walk wherever, we should hunt down some food." Jasper said. "We should split up." 

Cal nodded. "Uh... this should be our meeting spot. Mm.. Lilith, can I borrow that?" He asked. Lilith handed him her staff. He used the side that seemed the strongest and stabbed the earth. He pulled it out and it made a hole, but it wasn't noticeable. He kept stabbing until it was easy to see. 

Once he was finished, he handed it back to her. Surprisingly, the staff wasn't as dirty as he thought it would be. "We split up and find some food. Don't touch the plants or do anything too extreme. This is kind of like the Hunger Games here." Cal said.