Hotels

"Mhm, so Romeo, where'd you come from?" Jasper asked. The outdoors were still dark and everyone was still sleeping except him and Cal. "U-uhm.. A-Alaska.." Cal said awkwardly.

"Obviously I don't have to ask if you have a girlfriend." Jasper said, chuckling. "W-what?" Cal stammered. Jasper laughed again. "I-I just met h-her to-today." Cal said, rubbing his arm, the earbud dropping from his ear. The colorful swirls stopped.

Cal could feel his cheeks get warm but he couldn't move from his spot otherwise Midori would wake up. The bus stopped suddenly. Midori tensed up and looped her arm around Cal's, which made Cal blush even harder and stiffen up.

"You afraid of girls, Romeo?" Cal didn't want to lie. He was nervous around people in general and now that he thinks of it, he was even more nervous around girls. The ceiling seemed to light up. It actually did which made Cal flinch and cover his eyes in an instant. The door opened.

Cal stretched out his arm and dug around his bag. He pulled out his glasses and put them on and blinked. They were in a suburban area in Pennsylvania. A girl with jet blue hair, dressed in blue and red clothing and red and blue oval-ish glasses went aboard. A woman and another girl waved at her outside. Some of the other kids woke up and looked at the girl.

She pushed up her glasses and stood up straighter, she looked older than all of them, but they were all either fourteen or thirteen so she had to be at least fourteen. The other bus had older ages or younger.

She walked down the bus aisle with her rolling back behind her, not bumping into any seats with her shoulders or her bag. She walked in a straight line and came to a stop by Cal, Midori, and Jasper. She glanced down at Jasper. "May I sit here?" She asked. Jasper scooted over and patted her seat.

She sat down and put her bag at her feet and sat up straight, her back not touching the seat's back. The lights were dimming a bit and Jasper could see that she was squinting the whole time. The lights were all off except the headlights around the front. Some murmuring were going around the front.

"Hey." Jasper said. "Hello." She said. "I'm Jasper." He said, then pointing to Cal and Midori. "That's Midori, and Carnelian. Otherwise, Mimi and Cal." She turned to them and smiled. "Good evening."

"M-m-mm... h-hello.." Cal said. Cal shook his arm a little bit to wake Midori up. "M-M-Mimi... Um... th-there's a n-new girl... D-do you want t-to s-say h-hello...?" He asked her in a soft voice. "Hm..?" Midori muttered, fluttering open her eyes. The earbud dropped from her ear as she turned to the girl.

"Whoa, when'd y'all come in?" "A few minutes ago." She replied. "My name is Mazarine." "Cool name." Jasper said. "Thank you." A voice boomed in the bus and woke everyone up. "Attention children. We are now headed for campus in the morning. I will be heading to a reserved hotel that is waiting for us. Pick a partner the same gender to share a room with them. That is all."

"Hey Marazine, wanna be partners?" Midori asked. "Might as well." "How about you, Romeo? Wanna bunk in with me?" Jasper asked casually.

W-why are they being so nice? Cal thought. "U-um.. s-sure.." He stammered. After a few minutes the bus stopped and everyone got out of their seats and stumbled outside.

Everyone seemed tired except Marazine, Jasper, and Cal. Midori was complaining that she didn't want to get up. "Nooooooo. Is like, twenny degees outside.." Midori said as Cal was tugging her out of the seat. He was carrying her backpack and his own.

Midori opened her eyes. "It's to daark." She complained. "M-Midori.. we're the only ones left on the bus." "Nah, ah mean it's to dark. I can't see nothin'." She said, sticking her arms out and feeling her way. "Can someone put on the lights?"