Cheating In An Abnormal Way

And it happened again for the next few weeks and he was starting to get attached to the gardens.

He woke up once again. The sun was just rising. It must have been around five in the morning. Jasper strolled back to his cabin, stretching and yawning. He peeped into his room. Cal and Timmy were asleep. He knocked on the girls' room, then covered his eyes with his hand and opened the door.

"Anyone awake?" He whispered. "Decent?" Jasper peeked through his fingers. The girls were asleep as well. He glanced over at Marzie. "Huh, she looks less scary when she sleeps. How cute."

He backed out of the room and quietly closed the door, heard a high pitched squeak, and peeped inside again. Still asleep. He went out and took out the thick journal and started writing.

It was about an hour before Marazine walked out of the room, fully dressed. She wore a dark blue boy's tee, which had the words I Actually Do Care, Not Really, and a pair of denim shorts that went up to her knees.

"You're up early." He said. Marazine took her hair down from a bun. It flopped down in a messy and wavy way. The smell of shampoo hit Jasper lightly. "Good morning." Jasper greeted. "Um... Jasper." She started. "I wanted to apologize about getting into your business from a few weeks ago." "It's fine. Really. Third time you apologized Marzie."

He continued to write until he was at the last page. "What's that?" Marazine asked. Jasper signed his name off at the end, Love Jasper and closed the journal. "A letter."

"That's a really long letter. Is it for... her?" She asked. Jasper nodded. "I was going to ask Cruz if I could mail something from here and... yeah."

"Jasper..." Marazine got up to get cereal and milk. "Are you sure she's... She's been asleep for seven years." Jasper gripped the journal close to him. "But she's still alive. If I didn't give up hope then, why should I now?"

Marazine kept her mouth shut. She didn't want to get him mad. Her eyes analyzed his arms. They were scarred and burned into his caramel colored skin. Jasper took notice. Jasper got up and went into his room, then came out in a black trucker's jacket.

His paperboy cap tucked in his hair a bit. He also had Christmas wrapping paper and tape. "Where'd you get that?" She gestured to the wrapping paper. Jasper scratched his head. "I stole it from one of the kiosks."

"Really?" She cocked up a brow. Jasper sat down in front of her. "Yeah." He laid it out. "What? You expected me to be all innocent and sappy? Please, girl."

Marazine chuckled. "Okay, okay. Is that the whole thing?" "Yeah. It's the biggest letter in the world. I started it when I was like, eight." Jasper got up and went to the refrigerator. Marazing thumbed through the journal. "I just love your handwriting."

It was small, slanted, and loopy. Jasper glared at her. "Hey, not for your eyes." Marazine found a page with a black and white photo with a seven year old Jasper with an over sized hat and missing teeth. "Oh my God. You were so CUTE!"

"Stop that." He said, heat rising to his cheeks. Jasper took out a sandwich and took back the journal. "Not one word." He hissed and started to wrap it up quickly and perfectly.

"How do you do that so quickly?" "You're either fast and smart or your slow and dead." He taped it sealed. "Now if you excuse me." Jasper took the package and went out the door, totally forgetting about his sandwich.

Cal was next to wake up. "Oo, sandwich." He said and took a bite out of it. "That was Jasper's." Marazine told him. Cal shrugged and kept eating. "You boys are gross." He slung on a light grey hoodie over his head. "Oof!" His head popped out. His bedhead creating a curl on a wisp of hair.