Fire Isn't Exactly My Territory

"Uh..." Cal stammered. "This is... really light." He said, holding the larger crystal with one hand. "How's that so...?" Stacy said, panting. The crystal was basically half the size of him and it took Stacy five or six minutes to even lift it up.

"I asked if you needed help..." Cal said. Stacy stretched. "I didn't think it was going to be that heavy!" She panted. "Anyway, you really are something, Cal." He smiled a little. "Thanks."

After a few seconds, the crystal started glowing. "That's the shortest time I've ever witnessed! 18 seconds! Especially on a first day of testing!"

"What was the other shortest time?" He asked, sitting on the chair. She jumped up with glee. "Fifteen minutes!" "What?" He didn't believe it. He couldn't.

"Yes!" She clapped her hands together. "Oh my gosh, I am really glad you are in this camp. We can do great things. Like, stop global warming, find a cure for Cantra, a lot of stuff!"

He sighed. "You really think so?" "I know so! You see, all of these diseases, problems, and hatred are playing us like we're some game. The thing we have to do is make up our own rules. Nothing is impossible."

"I guess... I guess you're right." Cal nodded. Stacy smiled, "So you'll help me?" He nodded again. "Sure."

"I think... you're good for the day." Stacy smiled. "Go check on Midori. Ninth floor. Third room to the left." Stacy smiled. He gave her the crystal, which made her grunt and bend over. "Have a good day, Mr. Flavian!"

"You too, Ms. Stacy."

CAL'S P.O.V.

I really have to admit, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. A little boring, but it did make me feel a little special. I went into the elevator alone and started to goof around like jumping when it started going down. Or singing to myself, maybe even look at my reflection on the metal walls and make weird faces.

If there were cameras in here, people would be laughing at me. But hey, I would probably be laughing with them.

Once the elevator hit the ninth floor, I stepped into the third door on the right to see Midori hanging upside down on a metal bar. She held her skirt, even though it was clear she was wearing dark brown shorts. Her hat was set aside. "And, time." A raspy, but feminine voice told her.

It was an old woman in a lab coat, just a few inches taller than me. Her hair tied up in a messy bun, and it looked like she hadnt slept for days. She had oily skin, and bony hands. The woman seemed fragile.

Midori grabbed the bar with both hands and let her legs come forward. She landed. I walked in as she waved. I noticed the room and how different it was from the one Stacy had shown me

It was much, much larger. It's walls had encouragement signs all over with some science facts you would see in gradeschool. There was a small track and a few chairs. I could see the other kids testing.

There was one kid whose name started with a 'P' or something. Percy? Patrick? I don't know but all I know was that he was being asked some questions by some of the adults. His partner whose name was Leila was running on the track.

"So. This is the training room?" I asked. Midori ran up to me, all worn out. She looked like she was ready to pass out any second. "Yeah." She breathed. "What'd you do the whole time? I've only been gone for like thirty minutes." I said, holding one of her arms.

"Runnin', doin' some brain tests, hangin' upside down. Y'know." She shrugged. "What've you been doin'?"

I was just about to open my mouth when the old lab lady stepped in front of us. "Ah, ah, ah. No talking about tests. What happens in the test room, stays in the test room." She had a slight accent which I believed was of Chinese origin. The lab lady's squinted, black eyes seemed to glare at me. She told us to stay in the room as she escorted pairs out one by one. We didn't ask why, since we didn't need to really pay much attention to it. We waited to be escorted out.