Dictatorship Is Not The Answer

MIDORI'S P.O.V.

I can't help but feel useless in all of this. Everyone has a special skill or power. And all I could do is stare at a blinding gas ball. I feel like a burden. We got to the... uh, training center.

There was a small building, like a shack that was locked. There were targets for shooting (guns and arrows), a few armoured dummies, a track and field, and a few audio cameras stuck in trees. So basically the testing room, just outside.

"Anyone got something to break these?" Jasper asked, pulling on the padlock and chain. Momoko shook her head. "I got this." She made another grabbing motion with a snap. The chains and padlock were in her hands.

Cal smiled, patting Momoko's shoulder before helping Jas and Justin open the door. Lilith just took out her staff and started to rapidly beat one of the dummies while spinning it over her head. "The shack is just filled with retractable weapons." She whacked the dummy in the head.

"Holy begonias." Jasper said, opening the door. "Holy what?" Justin rose a brow. "Nothing." Jasper walked inside. I peeped my head in. There were just shelves of small metal orbs in cases with labels underneath them. On the other side of the room, stacks of armor were hung. Along with an audio camera. Of course.

Jasper plucked out a small orb. The label had said, "Bow". Next to it, an orb labeled, "Arrows/Quivers". Above them were some gloves made of rubber-like material. He took two then chucked them to Ruby. She caught them. "Uh, what?"

"Try it little Miss Perfect Accuracy." Jasper smirked. Ruby shrugged and pressed the button. A metal bow sprung into her hand and a string shot out and attached to the other end. She used the other orb. An empty quiver attached itself to her back.

"What the hell?" She gasped, immediately taking it off. "It's empty!" Lilith looked over at us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3RD PERSON P.O.V.

"You have to put on the gloves." She said, "The weapons only work with them." Ruby rolles her eyes. "Then how come you don't use gloves?"

"Once you use them long enough, they respond only to you." She said and retracted her staff. "Once they get used to you, you can personalize them at any time."

She held down the button and a holographic screen popped up. LILITH BLAISE was sprawled on top with a bunch of different settings for the staff. She turned it back into a staff again and the screen disappeared. "Do not forget the gloves when using these until it recognizes you. Things won't turn out the way you'd want it to."

Ruby put on the gloves, which started to glow bright blue, then settled.  "Oh and for bow and arrows, you need to keep one glove." Lilith said. "Why?" "You'll see."

Ruby touched the bow, which started glowing her eye colors. Midori couldn't help but be mesmerized by the glow. Ruby put the quiver over her shoulders and it started to flash as well. Once it died down, the quiver started to fill.

Ruby reached up and grabbed an arrow-- not an ordinary one, but one entirely made of electicity-- and started to aim at the target. She released and the arrow shot right into the middle with a huge ZAP! The arrow disappeared, leaving a scorch mark.

"That is awesome!" Justin and Darcy yelped and rushed in. Darcy took out a mace that was too heavy for him and fell backwards, the mace flying out of his hands and into the bushes, crushing an audio camera. "Oops." Rose helped Darcy up.

"Darcy, I don't want you hanging around weapons. You could get hurt." Rose said, holding his small hands. "Oh, come on Rose! Please?" "No Darcy." She said. Justin jumped out, putting on the gloves and activating his weapon. A chainsaw formed in his hands.