The Sixth Sense

"Hey." Jasper said. "G-good morning." Cal stammered. He was still nervous around Marazine since he only just met her in the morning. It was about five o'clock now and the tables were set up. They all sat at a table (well Cal hesitated). 

Midori let her hat fall behind her and was holding it with the straps around her neck. They saw that it was like a buffet. Jasper's mouth watered. "SO MUCH FOOD." He exclaimed. It's true that they did have a lot of food, but isn't that the point? To feed people? Especially since there are so many kids, this shouldn't be new to him. 

Cal sighed and took a plate and put eggs, bacon, sausage, and a waffle. He looked over at Jasper's plate that was piling with food. Apparently Marazine has noticed too. "How much are you going to eat?" She asked. 

"A lot." Jasper answered, clearly very happy. Marazine rolled her eyes and pushed up her glasses. Midori just ate some cereal. They all went back to their table. A small beep came from Mazarine's bag. She reached over and opened her bag and grabbed something out of it. It was her phone and it had Scene running a call. She ended it and typed something in. 

Then a few other beeps and a little melody for another call. She whispered into it which sounded something like, "Don't bother me now. I'm eating." And then some guy's name, Oz. Or Ozzie? She shut up her phone and stuck it back in her bag. 

Ruby and Violet passed by their table and sat down at the ones behind them. Marazine's back was toward them. Ruby had a straw and then something small in her hand and seemed to aim towards Marazine. She shot it. 

It hit the corner of her glasses, with measurable strength to make it fall off. Ruby's talent from her eyes: Perfect Aim. Marazine's glasses fell into her food and the light was too bright. "Gah!" She was blinded for a moment and covered her eyes with her hand. Everyone glanced their way. 

Marazine kept her eyes shut and pointed her head Ruby's way. "Was that really necessary!?" She asked her in a harsh tone. "No. But it was funny!" Ruby said, laughing. Marazine concentrated on something that she always hated about herself.

The power of her eyes and mind. 

Mazarine opened her eyes, sending a piercing glare at Ruby then closing it again, imagining what she wants to happen. She hoped it will work. Ruby's head went down into her mashed potatoes and gravy. Her drink levitated and spilled over her head. 

Ruby's head went back up furious. "You little... Ugh!" Mazarine still had her eyes closed, but she can still see. She can't see through her eyelids but she can see through her other senses. Mostly sound though. 

She took her glasses out of her food. "Please excuse me. I must go clean my glasses." She said and started walking off to the bathroom. "Wow." Jasper said, mouth filled with eggs. "Well I'll be darned." Midori said, grinning idiotically. "Okay then.." 

After breakfast and Ruby getting cleaned up, they had to board the bus again. The four went to sit at their same seats. Except Midori and Marazine sat together and Jasper and Cal sat together. 

Cal sat by the window, his knees to his chest. He was drawing in his notebook while Jasper was looking through Cal's iPod. Cal glanced over at Midori and Mazarine and started sketching again. "What's this called again?" Jasper said. "An iPod." 

"Why is it called an 'iPod'?" Cal shrugged. "I don't know. H-have you never seen this before?" "Nope. It's really amazing though. How you can just tap the screen and the application opens." Jasper said, wonder in his eyes. "What kind of phone do you have back in New York?" 

"I never had a phone. Not until the guard gave me one just in case and shoved me into the bus." He answered. "O-oh." Cal went back to drawing. The remaining hours on the bus was normal. Marazine, Midori, and Jasper were talking while Cal was listening and drawing. 

Then the bus drove over a few bumps and slowed down. Everyone looked out the windows to see a forest and a large building. There was a field and some cabins around the building. The cabins were painted many vibrant colors and they were big. 

The bus passed through a large gate that was connected to a short stone wall. "Whoa." Jasper said as the bus passed through the gate. There was a huge meadow filled with miscellaneous flowers. His eyes practically popped out of his head. 

"Th-those are a l-lot of f-flowers." Jasper muttered. Well he's acting strange. He's always been strange, but this is weird. Cal thought and looked outside. It was really big. The bus stopped.

There was a lady with a girl and other buses outside. All the kids got off the bus. "Welcome all of you!" The woman exclaimed. "My name is Stacy Blaise! And this is my daughter, Lilith Blaise." The young girl was dressed in a black dress and looked about 13 years old. She had one red eye and the other one was black, just like Jaspers. 

The lady looked nothing like her daughter. Stacy had strawberry blond hair and Lilith had pitch black hair and a waft of white in the front. "This is Sixth Sense Academy!" Midori leaned over to Cal. "Academy? I thought it was a camp." 

"I understand that you children were expecting it to be-- well, and actual camp. Well it's not. As you can see, we are scientifical and fun! All of you have something special inside of you and we're going to help you find it. There are many activities here just like any other camp, but there are going to be some supervisors to take you inside the main building for some.... how should I say this? Tests. Not like the ones you get from school." 

"They are tests that help you control the weird things that happen. And, it makes you stronger, smarter, healthier, and it's like a bonding excersize." Some kid with a purple beanie and a skull shirt yelled out, "What are we doing in the tests?!" 

"Anything but writing and actual achedemic thinking." Most of the kids cheered about that. "Anyway, we are now going to sort you out by your hyperactive, special sense." Lilith looked over at a bus and the door opened. 

A clipboard shot out from it and Stacy caught it. "Thank you Lily." She said with a happy smile creeping upon her lips. "We'll start at age 10-12. Those who have heterochromia or is blind stand by the red cabin over there. Let the guards help you. Children who are not able to smell to the blue cabin. Those who are deaf or have hyper hearing go to the purple cabin." She had Lilith stand on a podium and speak it all through sign language while Stacy said it verbally.

"Those who are mute or the banchee go to the yellow cabin. And lastly, the ones who do not feel heat or coldness go to the black cabin." She said he same for the rest of the ages except they moved section to section. The 13-15 year olds had 39 people in the Nasal Cabin, 35 in the Touch Cabin, 37 in the Verbal Cabin, 28 in the Hearing Cabin, and 10 in the Sight Cabin.

"Now, there will be partners for everyone. One boy, one girl. When you are going to do a test, you and your partner need to go together. It's mandatory. You may talk to me or Lilith if there are any questions." 

A limo entered the gate and into the camp grounds. "Look over here children. This is our founder for the Sixth Sense, Timmothy Diablo. He is a very busy man, I suggest not bothering him when he's working." The limo stopped and a door opened. An animal crawled out. It was a black cat. It's collar was purple and it trotted over to Lillith. The limo door closed and drove away. 

"And this is Lilith's cat." Stacy said. "Anyway, the other supervisors will go to the other ages and say there partners. I'll start with 13 through 15." She told a supervisor. Stacy started with the name of Teddy Pinn and paired him up with a girl in the Nasal Cabin. After a few minutes of calling out names, the next person's name was, "Ruby Begonia! You're partner is Jasper-" Jasper became tense. 

He glanced at Ruby who was already staring at him. He didn't want to be her partner. "Parks." Jasper sighed in relief. The boy who she was paired up with was the guy with the purple beanie and skull shirt. Ruby stomped her foot. 

"Marazine Crimson! You're partner is Jasper Braith." Marazine and Jasper looked at each other and high fived. A few names later it went to Midori. Please be me. Please be me. Please be me. Cal pleaded. "You're partner is Carnelian Flavian." The last of the names were called. 

Yes! He cheered. "Cabins are six children each. Three girls, three boys." Cal and the others looked behind them. There were a lot more cabins than they thought. Hundreds of them. They realized how big the campground was. 

Jasper fixed his cap. "This'll be fun." The group was assigned Cabin SS R2. They roommates were a girl named Angel Blossoms and a guy named Timmy Brown.