Chapter One

---

Patrick's POV

My alarm went off this morning and I was dreading getting up. The last thing I want to think about is school. I am too physically tired to do anything.

Don't ever drink on a Sunday night, especially when you're a teenager and you have school the next day. I'm hungover and I don't remember what I did last night. I need a shower and I have to go to school. I feel really nauseous and I didn't do my homework. Great.

I can't skip another day of school because I miss way too much school and my parents are complaining about my grades. Plus if I skip school Pete would be pissed at me.

Honestly it's not my fault I miss so much school with my anxiety and all, it's really hard.

I finally decided to take a shower. The warm water feels good in the morning when you wake up. It also helps you feel less sleepy. I'm already running ten minutes late and I haven't even gotten dressed yet.

I throw on a pair of black skinny jeans along with a blue shirt and my cardigan. I put on my black converse and grab my fedora.

I rush down the stairs anf grab some Pop Tarts, put my books in my bag and head out the door.

I shoved my earbuds in my ears so I didn't have to speak to anyone whilst walking to school. Green Day blasting in my ears, trying so hard not to belt out the lyrics to Holiday.

My mind began to wonder, what did I actually do last night? I remember hanging with Pete all night, but that's kind of obvious we're best friends. Brendon was there and so was Joe and Andy. Surely Andy must remember something because he doesn't like to drink, unlike the rest of us.

My friends and I like to break the law. Underage drinking, doing illegal drugs, breaking into abandoned places. Me being me I actually hate breaking the rules. I'm a goody-goody when it comes to school and my parents think I'm at the top of the class so when my grades slip, they go crazy. I guess they just want me to have a good future.

In school Pete is like the most popular guy in the school. He's captain of the soccer team and is just a likeable person in general. Of course I'm dragged into all the drama and attention from Pete's life. I don't really like the attention, I usually hide in Pete's shadow, I don't like to stand out.

The reason I do all the bad things and break the law is because it feels good and to a person with anxiety, that feels better than it probably should. It makes all my problems disappear. I forget about my parents, school, bullies and many other things.

How do I keep myself from getting caught? Well me and Pete have a deal, I say I go over to his house to study, you know being a good boy keeping the grades up. And Pete says in my house studying, our parents never question it cause we're best friends and do everything together, so they're happy and we're sort of happy. Well for me as happy as I can be with depression as well.

Do I know drugs and alcohol are bad for me and could probably kill me? Yes that's another reason I do it, I'd rather something else kill me cause I'm too much of a wuss to do it myself.

I'm such a downer, I know. But I do have a lot of fun, if I had no friends my depression would be five times as bad as it is. Thanks to bullies and daily beatings, I am sad all the time. Okay that's a lie not all the time and I'm not just sad. I don't know what I am.

My parents are never even home to notice I get beat up. They work early in the morning leaving me all alone when I wake up, they work until after I finish school. So I come home to an empty house and I'm pretty sure they stay out late to avoid me.

I know I kind of described them as the over protective parents, but honestly they don't give a shit. No one really does anyways.

I walked through the school doors keeping my head down the whole time. I rushed to my locker hoping no one would notice me. I do this on a daily basis. I grabbed the books I needed for my first class and headed out to the back of the school where my friends usually are.

I saw Bredon and Ryan sitting together holding hands as always. Those to love birds are always either sucking each other's faces off or in very close proximity to each other. On the other side of Brendon was Dallon, then Josh, Tyler, Andy, Joe, Mikey, Gerard, Frank and Ray, but no Pete. I wonder where he could be.

---

Vote and comment
Bye hoes!!