Chapter Three

---

Patrick's POV

"Hey dude, do you remember what happened last night?" I say to Pete. He stared at me for a few seconds before his eyes went wide.

"Y-you don't remember?" He stuttered out and I shook my head in response. Pete sighed and looked away from me, when he looked back at me he bit his lip and said "I'll tell you later, not here though"

I gave him a confused look at first after thinking for a couple of seconds in nodded cautiously. Could it really have been that bad? Did I punch someone? Did I make out with someone? Or worse did I embarrass myself and tell stupid stories or dance or something? Oh God I don't want to know the answer anymore.

"What did I do this time?" I asked trying not to sound rude. "More like what did I do?" Pete huffed. He looked angry and tired.

"Wanna stay at mine tonight?" I asked casually. He nodded in response and looked the other direction. What the actual fuck did Pete do that's so bad?

Science and pretty much all my classes leading up to lunch flew by. I was about to leave the building to go around to the back of the school where me and my friends hung out, when I was violently pushed against a locker.

"I know your secret" some random guy whispered in my ear. I was too busy walking and not paying attention to realise who did pushed me, all of a sudden he punched me in my stomach and I fell to the ground with a loud thud.

I felt someone kneel down beside me and try to help me up. There were tears stinging at my eyes and my vision was blurry so I couldn't tell who it was. Everything started spinning and then black.

I woke up in my bedroom with Pete sitting at the end of my bed. He didn't seem to notice that I had woke up yet so I nudged him with my foot.

"Dude what happened?" I practically whisper. "You passed out so I brought you home" Pete replied sweetly. God this day couldn't have gotten any worse.

I sat up on my bed ao I could see Pete properly, he looked different in some way and I couldn't quite figure it out.

"Pete you okay?" I asked him in a soft voice. He nodded twice but then snapped his head in my direction to look me in the eyes and he quickly shook his head.

"Actually no, I'm not okay Trick, I'm really not and I don't know what to do" Pete said fading into a whisper. I moved closer to him and wrapped my arm around him as I saw the tears in eyes.

"What's wrong Pete?" I replied sounding very obviously concerned. "Well about last night-" he said and I sighed quietly. "Go on" "I kissed you a-and you kissed back a-a-and someone saw us and are threatening the both of us an-" I cut him off by hushing him and hugging him tighter. He put his forehead against my shoulder and sniffled a few times before lifting his head to look at me once again.

"Are you mad" he said quietly. "No why would I be?" I replied. "Cause we're best friends and probably both straight and it was stupid and we were drunk and I'm sorry" "Don't be and to be honest I don't really care that you kissed me, at least it wasn't a stranger" I said which made Pete giggle a little.

"I don't really remember anything so it didn't mean anything to me, I can't say the same for you" I smiled at Pete and he nodded. "Are you still staying over?" He nodded again.

"Is there anything else wrong?" Pete opened his mouth to speak but closed it again and shook his head.

I checked my phone for the time and it was nine in the afternoon (wink wonk) was I really knocked out for that long? "Pete it's a school night we should probably go to sleep soon, did you bring clothes?" "Oh shit, eh- no" Pete replied biting his lip. "You can borrow some of mine, it's okay"

I released Pete from my grip and got him some clothes. I handed them to him and he thanked me getting off the bed to put them on.

I sat down on my bed and tried not to watch him but I ended up failing and watching him, which isn't creepy at all. What am I thinking? Stop it Patrick you're straight and creeping him out.

I saw how skinny Pete was, I could see his ribs and he had so many bruises and cuts on his thighs and wrists. Oh my God Pete was cutting and starving himself, how could I not have noticed? I'm such a shitty friend.

"Oh Pete" I say as he turned around fully clothed. He looked at me confused for a moment before his eyes went wide. He struggled to find words as I stood up to examine him better.

"How long?" I say pure and utterly shocked. "Lost count" he mumbled lowering his head "M'sorry" he whispered. "It's okay we'll fix this, but where are the bruises coming from?" I ask still examining him. "My dad" he hesitated "Why didn't you tell me? No I should have noticed, sorry for being the worst best friend in the world. When was the last time you ate?" "Three days ago maybe, I don't remember"

"I'm not going to force you into anything but will you try and eat more and try and stop harming yourself and the next time your dad comes nears you text me or call the cops or come here, but you're going to have to tell someone soon though, this isn't something to keep a secret" I say trying to be gentle and caring. He nodded in response.

"Get into the bed and I'll be right back" I say walking out of the room. I needed time to process this in my head. What have I just seen?

---

Vote and comment
Bye hoes!!