Chapter Fourteen

---

Pete's POV

As soon as Patrick opened the door to his house, he practically sprinted for the couch and flopped on to it.

He hadn't spoken today, not really. He only spoke when he was spoken to. I wonder if he's been feeling down lately.

I crouch down in front of him and I stare at him for a while until he opens his eyes. I don't know why but I immediately smile at him, it's like an automatic response to when I see him. Wow I love him so much.

"Hey Pattycakes, how are you feeling today?" I question and I get a grunt in response. "Want to talk about it?"

"No, I just want to sleep." He complains.

"Come on then." I grab his wrists trying to pull him of the couch, but he tenses up. What could that be about? His scars must be healed by now, well they shouldn't hurt now, mine don't.

Wait. He went to the bathroom alone and took ages in there, he's been quiet all day. I pulled up his sleeve slowly, it sent shivers down my spine when I saw them. There wasn't much but he still did it today.

"You could have talked to me." I say softly.

"There was nothing to talk about." He replied bluntly.

"Then why?"

"I felt so, so angry and upset and I just, I don't even know why." He said. Tears began to well up in the corners of my eyes. How could I not have noticed? I should have known he was doing this to himself today.

"Trick you need to talk to me, you were clean for so long, nearly one hundred days."

"Well it's done now."

"Trick-"

"Save it Pete I'm not in the mood."

"Bu-"

"I don't want to hear it."

"Why are you being such an asshole?" I said in frustration.

"Right, I'm the asshole, I spent all day ignoring my boyfriend." He replied sarcastically.

"You did, you didn't speak to me at all." I retorted.

"Pete you didn't say anything to me at all today, you made me have a shower with you this morning."

"I may not have talked to you a lot today, but I did not force you to have a shower with me and you could have just gotten out."

"I feel like you don't care about me Pete."

"Why would you say that?" I asked semi-sarcastically and kind of hurt.

"You didn't talk to me today and you didn't even have sympathy for me when you seen those scars."

"Is that what you want? For me to have sympathy for you? If all you wanted was attention then you could just wear short sleeves to school. Maybe no one will pick on you then because you cut yourself and eveyone will ask if you're okay. Will that be enough attention Patrick? Because you don't get any off your patents? Is that why you cut?" I yelled.

When I realised what I had just said I covered my mouth. I didn't know those words could come out of my mouth. I don't believe anything I just said was true.

"Why do you cut? Huh Pete? Because you dad blames you that your mom is dead? Because your dad hurts you? Because your popular friends disowned you when you started dating me? Well which one is it?" He screamed.

I felt something warm on my face. It was tears. I was crying? Patrick doesn't mean what he said. Right?

"You don't mean that." I whisper.

"Yes I do, I mean every single word." He said slowly.

And with that I left, I walked straight out of the door. I didn't even bother taking anything with me. I wasn't going to Brendon's, I already bothered him last time he doesn't need this again. So I went to the only place I knew I could go, even if I wasn't welcome anymore.

---

Vote and comment
Bye hoes!!