Hockey

Date: August 11, Y221

Time: 1:05 PM

Setting: Black top

POV: Sakura

We were just put into teams for street hockey and I went to competitive. Although the guys want me as goalie.

Sakura: C'mon. I can play out there. I don't have to be goalie.

Mark was unfortunately team captain.

Mark: Nah. Wouldn't want to destroy a pretty face.

I grit my teeth. Jaden was about to say something to me but Mark called him. Still awkward after that situation about the concert.

The game begins and our team was getting creamed because being goalie is boring. When we got a break, Mark went up me and grabbed by my shirt.

Mark: You little b****. What the f*** are you doing? You are letting them win. We are losing because of you.

Sakura: No. You don't know how to hold the hockey stick properly and so do many of the other guys.

I get out of his grip and get a hockey puck and walk to the rival's side. I place my left hand on the end and my right hand in the middle. I started dribbling the hockey puck and once I was half way, I brought the hockey stick to knee level and hit the puck into the goalie.

Mark: That was just luck. Come play against me.

I did the same thing before and passed him but as I was about to make the goal he punches me and I'm on the ground with my head bleeding. Everyone turns to me. Haruhi runs towards me and helps me up. She brings me to the nurse's office.

Haruhi: What happened?

Sakura: For once I showed Mark who was boss.

Haruhi: You did!? That's great.

Sakura: And then he punched me and made my head hit the ground making it bleed.

Haruhi: Yeah that's bad.

Sakura: Yeah.

The nurse bandages my head up. By then it was the end of the day, but we have to get out of our school uniform.

But before we heard yelling, we peeked to see Mark and Jaden in the office. With the principal and Master.

Sakura: (whispers) They are so dead.

Haruhi nods.

Jaden: This isn't fair.

We looked at Jaden.

Jaden: The only reason I fought Mark is to defend my friend. Who... has been bullied by him so much. And she finally stood up to him for something and she ends up bleeding badly.

Haruhi: (whispers) He's talking about you.

Sakura: (whispers) Y-yeah.

Principal: Still. You two will have in house suspension for 4 days each.

What? That's unfair.

Sakura: Wait.

Haruhi: (whispers) What are doing?

Sakura: Telling what happened before. (Turns to the principal) I know Jaden started this part of the fight but Mark started it by punching me down and making me bleed in the head. I was standing up to his sexist mind for saying, Oh girls shouldn't play hockey. Only pleasure the man they love.

Master: Sexist.

Principal: Well this does violate another rule. Respect to other students. And since Jaden didn't start it, I'll let him have in house suspension for two days but for Mark six days.

Master: I think that suits as punishment well enough.

Principal: Agreed. But what was the bullying about?

Sakura: Ask my parents. They would love to answer that.

I left and Haruhi follows.

Haruhi: Finally standing up for the right side. How does it feel?

Sakura: It feels great. And at least no sexual assault for 6 days.