three

above media is for the song Tyler sings with the youth service (obviously would sound different live)

Jenna's POV

"Wow..." I exhaled, the large building they call their church could almost pass as a small school. Tyler's car drove into a free space, the music already being heard from the inside of the vehicle.

"Cool, isn't it. Just wait until you see the kids" he smiled, unbuckling his seatbelt before opening his door. Not going to lie, I thought coming here would be a mistake, but it actually looks like a pretty cool place.

As we walked closer and closer to the entrance, I noticed how many kids were actually scattered in the courtyard. It was a mob, so many smiling faces running around as the latest hits played in the background. The whole area was lit with lights, fairy lights dangling from the fences and trees. In the courtyard was various types of activities, ranging from ping pong to hoola hoops. At first glance, you wouldn't think this was a church service, almost like a teen gathering.

"There's a lot more kids expected to come, some like to come early to take advantage of the games" Tyler informed, I could feel his hand on my back, guiding me to the front entrance. In all honesty, I didn't mind his touch, but It didn't matter, I didn't plan on getting attached to anyone anytime soon. As we walked through the gate, Tyler was immediately bombarded with greetings, his smile lighting up as he recited every persons name that came passed. I did get a few glares, probably wondering why Tyler would bring along someone like me.

Tyler changed before he came to pick me up, he now wore a tee with some sort of logo on it, matched with his black skinny jeans and vans. What I found strange was the bright red socks he paired with his black shoes, but it somehow suited him in a manner I could not explain. I changed out of my uniform as well, having a quick shower before awaiting his arrival. It dawned on me that I hadn't even gotten this boys number yet, and I was already being invited to events.

We eventually passed an inside room, a large projector on the wall which appeared to be Mario Kart, a fooseball table positioned next to the beanbags. All the kids here seemed to be enjoying themselves, all engulfed in some sort of conversation.

As I followed Tyler inside, I realised I was about to meet the people he spent every Friday with, the awkward tension already rising inside me.

"Don't worry, they won't bite" he winked, somehow noticing my discomfort. He opened a door to reveal a group of young adults, all looking over with bright faces, some other people also wearing the same logo Tyler had. "Hey guys!"

"Hey Tyler!" They all almost said in unison. One girl even got up to give him a hug, a boy with bright purple hair coming over to do this strange handshake.

"So this is Jenna, she just moved here from Illinois and plans to come to this church while she's here, I brought her along so she could see what it's like" Tyler explained, the group nodding.

"You'll love it here, hey I'm Tatum" a girl extended her arm out to greet me, her light brown hair braided messily to the side. Whilst exchanging a handshake, I was hit with multiple names that I'd probably forget by the end of the night, but Tatum definitely stuck. "We're all leaders and youth preachers here, except for Lainee, she's just here for moral support" Tatum giggled, the girl tucked behind the group of tall guys waved her hand.

"Everyone either runs a department or runs an age group, I don't know what you would call me, but I work more on stage" Tyler nudged my arm, I nodded, taking in as much information as possible.

"We're probably scaring her, she hasn't even spoken yet" the purple haired boy said, stuffing what seemed to be a donut in his mouth. "Hey I'm Josh"

"Hey" I replied, trying to exchange a smile to the people in front of me.

--

Once everything seemed to be set up, I stood at the back watching as Tyler opened up the large doors. A massive group of kids were revealed, all waiting patiently for his indication.

"Are you guys ready!" Tyler yelled, earning cheers from all around. "Let's go!"

Everyone skipped along happily, the echo of conversation filling my ears. The view of all this joy really was contagious, I never realised such a positive group could come from all this. As everyone sat in their seats, Tyler jumped onto the stage with a mic, his crooked teeth being revealed as he smiled.

"Okay, Okay, everyone quiet down" she chuckled, pacing the small stage as he waited. Everyone seemed to do as he asked, all intrigued on what was planned for the night. "So as we all know, the segment we've been working on for the past couple weeks is relationships" he began, "friendships, romantic relationships, marriage, and we even discuss the 'good times'" the crowd laughed as he put on a voice, Tyler still pacing the stage as he spoke to the kids, not a touch of nerves being seen in his actions. "Now remember this is a place of no judgement, everything said here is totally normal and we won't tell you your views are wrong in any way, so if you're new, welcome to Five14 youth, I hope you tag along with us. But if you're a regular, you probably already know me and know how amazing this place is, am I right" he announced, everyone cheering as he shook his head, the smile never wiping off his face.

"Today we will be doing an anonymous questionaire for you guys, we will have three married couples up on the panel to answer your questions, and if you text this number on the screen" Tyler paused to point, "your question may get answered, don't worry, I have no idea who texts these through as it goes to the media box first and then to me, so even if I do have your number, it won't show up as you"

"But before we get started, let's all get up here and get ready to sing, we even have Josh on the drums tonight!" The crowd cheered once again, everyone quickly gathering around the small stage. Tyler's chocolate brown eyes met mine for a moment, a reassuring smile being exchanged before he opened his mouth once again. "Guys, I brought along a lovely girl tonight, her name is Jenna and she just moved here, please make her feel welcome"

I could feel the warmth rise in my cheeks as I felt the rush of embarrassment. Some kids waved and others cheered, quickly turning back to where Tyler was standing.

A keyboard was brought out in front of Tyler, two other people with microphones gathered behind him. There was a whole band up on that stage, even electronic equipment was set up. Before they began, Tyler pressed some buttons that were in front of him, the electro sound erupting out the speakers. The band began to play together, the sound automatically gelling together. Tyler smiled as he moved his body to the beat, the crowd of teens bopping up and down. Finally Tyler lips went closer to his mic, his eyes closing before he made a sound.

"I lived heart on the wire, Hand in the fire for so long. But You've shown me better, A new kind of love, It's ever the one I want" he sang, finally opening his eyes to see the kids singing a long. His raspy voice immediately released butterflies in my stomach, his tone so unique and pure. I was sort of taken aback, shocked at how much I misjudged him.

"I'm lifting you higher, higher. There's nothing that I'd rather do. A sweet elevation of praises, There's no one I love more than You" he smiled, waving around his body as he allowed the melody to take control. What shocked me the most is that he could pay so much attention to his surroundings, yet still play the music perfectly. "Everyone clap!" He yelled, the whole group immediately clapping in a rhythmic tune.

"I never knew a love like this before, The kind of life I can not find on my own. I've seen the world now I have never been so sure, That I want Your heart. God, I just want to be where You are" the slight croak in his voice sent shivers down my spine, not only did it sound amazing, it worked well with all the instruments being played around him, it even sounded great off of Josh's loud drums.

Surprisingly, I didn't feel the slightest bit out of place. Somehow it felt like I was accepted into something, like a place I could call home. I liked it, and no doubt I'd be seeing Tyler a lot more.

--

A/N

Idk how old Tatum is I just put her in last minute. In this fic Jenna is 20 if you haven't gathered already, making Tyler 25.