ten

Tyler's POV

"You're insane" She giggled, placing down the coffee I ordered every morning.

"What's wrong with me buying you dinner?" I smiled, her blonde hair blowing across her face as the front door opened.

"It's sounding more like a date, and I told you, no dates" her voice was pure and light, like a feather floating down into the ground gracefully.

"Jenna" I raised my eyebrows, "no matter what it is, we both won't be eating dinner alone for once"

"How would you know if I eat dinner by myself?" She stuck her tongue out playfully

"Because your grandparents look to be the kind of people that eat their dinner at 4 in the afternoon" I felt a chuckle escape my lips, Jenna laughing along

"That is very true" she giggled, "fine, you know where to pick me up, I gotta go back to work, see you later Tyler"

"Can't wait Bella, wear something kind of formal" I smiled, waving back to her as she disappeared in the staff back room.

--

I have found that even though I'm in my element when I'm working, it's not a complete career I would settle down in. I can only home that our band goes far, and Josh and I even have a tour booked in a few months. It'll be the first time we actually drive around different states, advertising our regional at best album.

As my car pulled up Jenna's street, I saw one window illuminated on the second level of her house, a shadow moving around on the curtain. As I placed the car in park, I looked over the button up shirt and jeans I had put together, a wave of self consciousness drowning me. Suddenly, my phone interrupted my thoughts, the ringtone blasting.

"Are you just sitting outside my house?" Jenna spoke before I could even greet her, a smile hidden in her voice.

"Maybe" I mumbled, looking over to see that the same window curtains had now been opened, a girl standing in the middle with a phone placed against her ear.

"I have to do a few things before I go, the front door should be unlocked" she waved, a smile creeping onto my lips once again.

"Are your grandparents here?" I questioned, not wanting to encounter them awkwardly as I just walked into their house.

"No, they're at a friends gathering" she explained, immediately hanging up as she disappeared from the window. I nodded at my phone, only to realise how stupid it looked. I finally entered her house, only to remember I had never stepped foot in here, the layout absolutely confusing. It took me too long to even find the staircase, but as soon as I made it up, I followed the light down the hall. I was met with a door that was cracked open slightly, the warm lighting leaking out. I knocked softly, opening the entrance slowly as I walked in. Her room was a moderate size, very minimalistic, yet held fairy lights and pictures on the White walls.

Jenna was sitting on her large bed, facing a mirror, putting on a layer of mascara, not phased by my entrance. I stood in awe, just letting the surroundings sink in, after all, this wasn't my house, I've always been too awkward in other people's homes.

"Sit down" she motioned, patting her palm on the sheets beside her, "I'll be done soon"

Jenna was wearing a simple floral dress that suited her perfectly, the sleeves fit to hang off her shoulders. What amused me the most is that my button up shirt had a floral theme aswell, our taste in style somehow being similar

 What amused me the most is that my button up shirt had a floral theme aswell, our taste in style somehow being similar