seven

Tyler's POV

Jenna did in fact get a cold, making her stuck in bed for most of the week. Which was a bit disappointing for me, as selfish as it may sound, I missed seeing her face every morning at the shop. It was Friday, another week of slow days has finally passed. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but it can get very draining after talking to customers for such a long time. I've never been good at talking to people, let alone run a music shop, but I've gotten better.

As I was driving down the busy road, I heard my phone ring, the sound startling me as I turned the radio down. As I quickly switched it on speaker, I looked at the caller ID, smiling as I saw who it was.

"Bella" I said cheerfully, causing a chuckle on the other line.

"Hello Tyler" she cheered, the slight sound of her blocked nose peering through.

"How are you doing? Any better?" I asked, the sound of sniffles coming through clearly.

"I'm a lot better then I was, I was calling to see if I could come tonight" she changed the subject quickly, my mind racing trying to find what was going on tonight. The silence of my clueless brain made her speak up once again. "Youth group?"

"Oh right! I almost forgot" I laughed at myself, the idiocy embarrassing me slightly. "Yeah totally, I'll pick you up on the way"

"Thanks Ty, I'll see you soon"

--

As I parked behind the church, I looked over to see Jenna's blonde strands of hair hanging out of her hood. It was chilly tonight, but she obviously came prepared this time. Tonight she seemed excited, surprisingly, I think she enjoyed coming here. I secretly hoped it was because of me, but we all know it's because of how fun the group is. She's not even remotely interested in me, but for some reason I still keep trying to get her attention.

"Are you ready to see me make a fool of myself" I chuckled nervously, her pale blue eyes looking over at me.

"I'm always ready" she smiled as I turned the engine off, the back door already open for leaders. I wasn't exactly a leader, I didn't have a group of kids to look up to me, but I was okay with that, because I run band with my best friend Josh, and I even run the small game show before sermon. Most of the kids know me and like to come chat whenever they can, which is nice, nice to know some like to see me as a friend. As we made our way to the door, we were immediately greeted by Tatum, her arms wrapping around Jenna into a tight hug.

"Oh Jenna! I'm so glad you came again!" She squealed, her feet jumping up on her toes. Jenna giggled, her smile so contagious it made me smirk.

"My bro!" A voice called over, Jenna and Tatum immediately going into conversation. I turned to see Josh, his hair as vibrant as a daylight sky.

"Josh!" I said, exchanging a quick hug, he was dressed in one of his blink 182 shirts, the colors matching his snapback. He eventually pulled me away, obviously wanting to talk without anyone else overhearing.

"You like her don't you" he smiled, poking at my arm multiple times.

"What?" I defended, trying to dodge his fingers.

"Mark told me what happened, and now she's here again. You obviously like her. A lot."

"She wanted to come tonight, we're just friends" I explained, Josh not taking it as an answer. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and shook his head, his smile still plastered on his face.