twenty one

Hehe

I finally got around to begin reading one of Kirra's stories that's completed and I noticed she puts songs at the beginning of some chapters. I thought that was a genius idea, so now I'm gonna try and add songs that I feel fit the chapters, may even add a little video link

Song of Chapter: Angels - the xx (I feel like my choices are generic so I apologise)

Jenna's POV

To be quite frank, it got extremely boring in a hospital, even though it had only been recently that Tatum left for work. I was placed in a communal hospital room, yet no one was near except for the nurses. There was approximately three other crisply made beds placed around the room, the curtains all pushed back identically. It was silent, a silence I didn't enjoy whatsoever, you could see why someone like me could fall lonely so quickly.

"Hey Jenna" an unexpected voice appeared in the room, my head jolting over to see the sweet lady I had encountered before. Her sympathetic smile made me feel safe, the small identical aspects of Tyler shining in her face.

"Kelly.." I sighed with relief, happy to see a face I could somewhat trust. "It's so good to see you"

"You too sweetie" she smiled in such a way, it was as if she wrapped you in a blanket of warmth and love, but she withheld it all in her energy. "Chris is finding a park, sorry we didn't call before we came, it came to our realisation that we don't have your phone number yet" she giggled, passing her phone over to me

I looked down to press in my digits into her phone, my eyes noticing the cute little emojis sat next to Tyler's name. It was clear that every single person in Tyler's family truly loved one another, and he was sincerely blessed with them to grow up with. I guess you could say I never inherited that blessing, my life tumbling down once I lost the two people that meant the most to me. The hardest thing was, someone so young shouldn't be burying their parents yet.

"So how are you love, has the Doctor's updated you with anything" Kelly said in that motherly tone everyone knows, her cold, frail hands resting on top of mine, trying not to nudge the I.V lodged in my hand. There was practically no reason for it to be there anymore, yet they kept it just in case there was a severe matter they needed to fix.

"I've been better, I can't wait to go home" I sighed, clenching my jaw before speaking again. "I'm getting tests done today to see if there's anything in my uterus I suppose, I'm not too sure what they're planning"

"I see" she mumbled, staring off into space as she nodded softly. It was as if she was reluctant to say something, eventually stopping herself from bringing it up.

"Hey Kiddo" Chris appeared in the doorway, his quirky smile brightening up the room. He was holding three CD cases and a bag full of what looked to be food. Finally, some food that wasn't frozen and heated for 10 seconds.

"Hello" I smiled, feeling Kelly's hand squeeze my fingers before leaning back in the visitors chair. Chris sat next to her, putting down the plastic bag on the end of the bed.

"We got you some food, we know how terrible it can be here" he chuckled, pulling out certain chips and sandwiches. "Kelly made some, but I insisted on buying the good stuff" he smiled, pulling out bars of chocolate, sweets and even sugar coated popcorn. My eyes widened as I thanked them greatly, excited to finally taste something I enjoyed.

"But these" Chris said, lifting the cases up, yet I still couldn't identify what they were. "These are all the songs Tyler has produced, and we felt like you could use them"

My eyes widened even more as he placed them on my lap, all three plastic cases spreading down the sheets. The first one seemed the oldest, only a burnt CD with black writing on it placed in the clear case. I glided my fingers over it, the title 'No Phun Intended' looking extraordinary in Tyler's unique handwriting. I knew this existed, but I never thought I'd finally get to hear it, if Tyler was here, he'd argue to even play it, cautious of what others think about. Even he didn't like some of the things he wrote in the past.

Next was a thin pocket case with an intricate and colourful design painted across the front. It was obvious that the artwork had an extreme sense of meaning in it, the back revealing some titles I recognised from Tyler's computer. He kept everything, even if he tells you he's deleted something, he's most definitely kept it hidden away in a folder. He didn't care that his laptop was extremely slow because of it, it was as if he was afraid of losing everything he ever may of loved.

The last one I looked at was the one I was most known with. 'Regional At Best', the case almost being pristine. I knew almost all the songs on it, even though Tyler disliked playing his music around other people. I knew I should've been different, but it came quickly to me that he was just an anxious person, and I understood. I only ever heard it was when they performed or when I could sneak onto his laptop and play a few. The only reason why I knew what the previous album was, was because they enjoyed playing a few songs together at certain gigs.

"You can rent a CD player downstairs, so we've ordered one for you" Kelly smiled, "we know how much you must be missing him"

I pressed my eyes closed for a moment, trying to fight back the stupid tears that tried to break free. It was coming to a point where the separation was becoming physically painful to withheld, but I just made it more exciting to finally see him once he got home.

Oh how I would never let him go

--

I listened to every album about five times in a row, Tyler's voice causing me to let out small whimpers as I cried. It had been too long since I heard him sing, and I definitely missed him singing to me

Before I could think any further, the ward doors burst open, confusion falling upon my face as it was too late for anyone to make such a racket. I couldn't see what was going on, only hear the nurses scurrying and muttering under their breath. I wasn't the only one in the ward, I was just the only one in the room, which unfortunately came as a blessing and a curse. I took out my headphones as I tried to listen in to what was going on, eventually two male nurses appearing in the doorway. One smiled, realising I was still awake, unlike the others who seemed to fall asleep straight after dinner. Soon, a girl rolled in on one of the beds, her body fast asleep, curled up in the sheets. She had one of those tubes in her nose, her arm attached to a tube that connected to one of those fluid bags.

"Sorry if we woke you Ms Black" one of the nurses pushing the bed turned to me, I shook my head, trying to tell her it was not a problem. The girl was somewhat different, a way I could not describe. Her hair bleached so much it was almost white, yet her grunge style kept her looking mysterious.

As I stared for almost too long, her face rolled facing me, the nose piercing glistening in the moonlight shining through the window.

As I laid back from examining the sleeping girl, it dawned on me that I would finally not be dealing with these nights by myself, even if the other patient was sleeping

A/N

My friends boyfriend kept pestering me about sending him a link to watch snl whilst I was watching snl. I was like shut up but he was like haha no it's funny. My friend and him are literally the biggest meme tho like I swear they're made for each other.

Also I found 2 cockroaches in my room on the same day and I can still hear one crawling around in my vinyl box. I tried killing it but it's very stubborn

And clowns have made sightings where I live and if I encounter one and die I want to say I love you all

~ Viella