nine

][

Jenna's POV

I awoke to two muscular arms wrapped around me, the simplistic yet meaningful design inked into the skin. I had noticed Tyler's tattoos before, but never took much notice to them as he was always wearing a coat. He was wearing a shirt to bed that revealed his arms, the bands around his left arm suiting him in a way I couldn't describe. I let my fingers trace around the lines unnoticed as he slept soundly, his wrist being my favorite. The small dots on the back were interesting, cutting the band short. I finally looked up to his face, slight stubble growing on his cheeks. I brushed my hands through his hair slowly, the action being strange yet enjoyable for me. The sides of his hair were slightly overgrown, sticking out awkwardly, not long enough to join the fluff that was on top of his head.

"You need to cut your hair" I whispered, stroking my thumb over his temples.

"Do I?" His lips formed into a smirk as I flinched, his eyes still closed.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were awake" my cheeks warmed up, I moved my arms to curl up on my chest as he finally opened his eyes.

"Don't apologise" he yawned, stretching his arms up. "We need to go to my parents home to get my car, you could borrow some of my sisters clothes for church"

"Do you mind if I just borrow one of your shirts and I'll just wear my jeans again" I suggested, not really wanting to encounter any awkwardness.

"Sure" he replied, pulling the covers off of him and leaped out to open his closet. It surprised me how fast he could wake up, any normal person would feel groggy once they wake up, but it looked like Tyler was on a mission. He took out a hoodie and pulled it over himself, not bothering to change his shirt underneath. He then sprayed the deodorant that was sitting on top of the drawers, the smell resembling what was infused into the sheets. I just lied in the bed and watched, a little bit confused on what I could do.

"Do you want to have a shower?" He suggested, I nodded as he helped me up, the cold air pricking onto my warm skin. My hair was knotted at the back like it is every single morning, my 'sleepy morning' look not being very attractive, but Tyler didn't seem to care. He passed me a towel, a shirt of his and my jeans from last night that were sitting on the floor, explaining to me that I could use anything in his shower and to treat his house like my home. It was heartwarming to hear him say that, because for a while, I've never really felt like I had a proper home.

As I showered, I could hear Tyler's music playing, muffled through the ensuite walls. It made me smile everytime I could hear a sign of his voice in the melody, his charming vocals singing along quietly. I washed my hair to try and get rid of the knot without the need of a hairbrush, my fingers still struggling to glide through. As I got out, I resorted to tying my wet hair into a bun with the hair tie on my wrist, hoping that I didn't look like a mess. Tyler's shirt seemed to fit nicely, yet was comfortably loose in all the right places. It had that known smell of him, his signature scent marking everything he owned.

As I opened the bathroom door, I couldn't help but giggle to see a dancing figure in front of me, Tyler's cheeks rising to a slight tint of pink once he saw me enter the room.

"You really like your music, don't you?" I chuckled, passing him back the tracksuit pants I had borrowed the night before.

"I couldn't live without it" he smiled, turning his speaker down, "It's what keeps me sane"

--