twenty two

Song of Chapter: The End Of All Things - Panic! At The Disco (I want this played at my funeral)

Tyler's POV

The small dials didn't last very long as Jenna's face appeared across my phone. She was still sitting in that familiar hospital bed, yet she smiled at the unexpected call.

"Ty!" She smiled, her eyes creasing as her cheeks plumped.

"Good Afternoon beautiful" I replied softly, my body curled up in the back of the van. Everyone was inside the venue but Josh, who was happily scrolling through his social media, leaving me to have some time for the girl I had left back home.

"Who're you talking to?" An unfamiliar female voice interrupted before Jenna could speak, her head flicking over to her side.

"This is Tyler, my boyfriend" she got up to walk over to the other girls bed, pulling the pole her I.V was attached to, yet no fluid hung from it. I was welcomed by a girl with bleach blonde hair and tan skin, her eyes creating warmth as you looked into them. She smiled, pulling out the tube from her nose as she spoke.

"Nice to meet you Tyler, my name is Debby" she giggled

"Ooo.. hello" Josh interrupted, peering his head over the seat as she spoke. "Who's this pretty lady?"

"Hi" Debby whispered, her smile strengthening as she waved weakly at the camera. Josh's eyes were glued on her, his mouth agape in awe, I was wondering if he was going to come back down to earth.

"I'm Josh by the way" he coughed, pulling the short strands of hair on the back of his neck. Eventually Jenna's face came back into view, Debby fixing up her tube once again.

"Josh, why do you always have to be around?" She chuckled

"Hey, Tyler's mine, back off" Josh joked, clenching into his chest dramatically as if he was truly hurt. She rolled her eyes, eventually taking a deep breath as it was just me in the frame.

As I opened my mouth to start conversation, unidentifiable voices spoke in the background, Jenna's finger going up as if to pause me, looking up at whoever was speaking.

"Wait a second Tyler, Doctor's have something" she said worryingly, placing the phone upright on the side table next to her, the video displaying her back and the two doctors standing in front of the bed.

"Hello Ms Black... - And you sir" they nodded at the phone, my head bowing down to greet them. "We seem to have found something in your ultrasound"

As the words spilt out, I made a noticeably loud gulp, Josh's head shooting up once again as he listened from a distance.

"What is it?" Jenna questioned, looking over to the side Debby seemed to be staying on.

"We've found a tumour in one of your ovaries Miss" The doctor paused, "you seem to have ovarian cancer" he spoke, my mouth falling limp as I lost any words to speak. I couldn't see Jenna's face, but her body seemed as stiff as a tree branch on a winters day.

"Oh my God" I mumbled under my breath, my eyes searching for something to gaze upon in front of me. "Oh my God!" I said louder, Jenna's head looking back as the shine in her eyes showing I should be there holding her, wiping her tears away.

"Please don't worry" the doctor said monotone, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Don't worry?! You come in here and say my girlfriend had ovarian cancer and you tell me not to fucking worry?!" I was angry, the curse slipping through my tongue before I could stop it. I could feel my face heating, my fist piling up in the clammy mess it already was.

"Tyler please-" Jenna sniffed, still not looking over at me. I truly hated looking through a phone whilst all of this was happening, yet came as a blessing and a curse, because I could possibly get too fumed if I was there.

"You're very lucky Jenna" he began, the other doctor writing notes on his clipboard. "The tumour is fairly small and you got here before it could worsen, we'll transfer you to the gynaecology ward soon so you can discuss all of this with a specialist. Then hopefully you can be discharged to begin out outpatient program"

As the doctors left, Jenna sat on the bed for a moment before turning to grab the phone, her icy cold eyes dimming to a dull grey as tears filled her eyes.

"It'll be okay Jen, I promise you" I whispered, examining her face as she stared into nothing.

"This is so scary Tyler" she croaked, finally looking up to me.

"I know Bella, but I promise you, you'll be okay, I won't allow it any other way"

A/N

She's not pregnant you weirdos

This is pretty short and I'm sorry, I'm extremely tired today but really wanted to put something up. But in good news, I scored a ride to and from class every week with one of my classmates so I don't have to get the train anymore, so party to that

~ Viella