thirty three

Jenna's POV

The evening was chilled yet comforting, as if walking in a light breeze in an air conditioned store. What was strange was how positive the day was, absolutely nothing going wrong even if I wanted it to.

As Tyler and I sat in the car park of the church, I couldn't help but feel his cold fingerprints press against my knuckles, both of us watching the staff set up the Christmas service, roaming around like ants from the courtyard to the foyer.

"I wonder where Josh is" Tyler mumbled, fog escaping his breath.

"We are so early, no one is here" I giggled, "relax, why're you so nervous?"

"No reason" Tyler bit his lip, "just excited to be spending our first Christmas together"

"Me too" I nodded, squeezing his hand lightly

Silence fell between us as we looked onward at the environment, the setting exciting as it was finally Christmas Day tomorrow

"We should go inside, it's getting cold" I said, Tyler nodding as we made our way through the courtyard.

After a few brief greetings, we were sitting in the slightly heated church, watching the worship band set up. Tyler and Josh weren't on band tonight, leaving it open to the other musically involved. It disappointed me in a way, as I always loved when Tyler performed.

"I go back to work in a few weeks" I sighed, allowing my head to fall into his chest. I never liked working, not only was it tiring, but I never found something I was passionate about. I couldn't pick my future in high school, and a dream job never came into play. Tyler's dream was music, and if that didn't work, he always had basketball, but for me, it was as if I had no talents.

"You'll need to quit soon" Tyler smirked, my head lifting in confusion

"What?"

"Eventually we'll be touring again" he shrugged, "it'll be a bit bigger than the last one"

"What're you saying?" My eyebrows furrowed

"I'm saying, I'm taking you with me this time" he chuckled, my eyes growing wide.

"Can we afford that?" I shrieked

"Record Label says so" Tyler said in a chilled manner, my whole body filled with surprise.

"Tyler!" I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck as he laughed.

"I want you to be happy, no stress, just us travelling like a family" he smiled, "dates aren't confirmed, but it'll be next year"

"I love you" I scrunched my nose, kissing his stubble covered cheek.

"I love you more" he whispered, the doors behind us eventually opening.

"Get a room" Josh's unforgettable voice interrupted, pulling up the chairs beside us. It took a moment for me to realise Debby was beside him aswell, her blonde hair pressed underneath a loose beanie.

"Hey!" I greeted, hugging Debby as Josh went over to do the strange handshake they made.

"This place looks awesome" Debby commented, looking around as the lights were tested. The room filled with colours that illuminated off our skin, the soft humming of the bass being tuned filled the atmosphere.

"It's pretty rad" Tyler but in, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"It's sick" Josh corrected, Tyler rolling his eyes as I held his hand that laid across my chest.

"Merry Christmas by the way! How exciting!" Debby squirmed, her eyes lighting up like a child, the light glistening in them like stars.

"Debby hasn't really had a proper Christmas before, I'm taking her with me for Christmas with my family" Josh informed, Debby smiling eagerly.