twenty

Jenna's POV

"Jenna Black?" The doctor came in once again, his clipboard clicking as he looked through the nurses notes.

"Yes?" I replied, looking over at Tatum as I finally was getting the information I needed. It was as if no one knew exactly what was going on, and wouldn't even tell me what they were trying to figure out.

"So your blood test came back, and you show no sign of any unhealthy levels that could cause your fatigue and pain" he read along his paperwork, "Do you still have pain now?"

"A little bit, mostly down here" I pointed down to my lower stomach, my doctor nodding as he wrote down different notes

"We also looked into your diagnostics and we really don't see anything that could be wrong, so I'm going to schedule you for a vaginal ultrasound and pap smear"

"What! What does that have to do with me being tired all the time?" I shrieked, no way possible I could have contracted anything sexually. Tyler and I both knew we wouldn't go any further than what we already have now until we're married, that practice being a bit taboo these days. We both felt sex was something sacred and special, something that shouldn't be used for granted.

"Please just trust us ma'am, there are many possibilities but we feel we need to check"

--

Tyler's POV

"She hasn't text me" I sighed, pacing the small area Josh and I had taken up backstage. We were meant to be helping to set up, but I suppose the crew left us alone due to the consequences.

"Don't worry Tyler, everything will be okay, she's a strong woman" Josh placed his hand on my shoulder, my eyes clenching tight as I assumed the worst. I was always one to worry over the small things, thinking there was always a possibility for fault. She'd be in overnight, the hospital doing tests and testing supplements to try and find the cause, as far as I know, they have nothing.

"She's in hospital and I'm not there with her, I should be there! I should be standing next to her during everything!"

"She obviously doesn't want you to be there Tyler!" Josh raised his voice, obviously getting a bit over my worrying. I looked up to meet his gaze, his eyebrows furrowed. "She told you, you need to stay on tour for her man. The clique needs you, and if Jenna gets worse, then we can sort stuff out. But right now, she's okay, and that's all that matters"

"I'm gonna call her" I explained, Josh nodding as I walk into an empty room to set up my FaceTime. As I pressed on Jenna's contact, my phone automatically started ringing, the front camera displaying my face. I set up my phone against the wall of the table, my face squishing against my knuckles as I leant upon them.

Soon, the satisfying swoosh sound appeared, Jenna's eyes being the first thing I caught sight of

"Hey" I whispered, Jenna's lips pressing warmly.

"Hi sweets" her cheeks cushioned together, her whole face still as beautiful as the day I first saw her. The relaxed energy proved to be something comforting yet eerie, both of us knowing that our situation wasn't the best.

"Heard anything new? Has the doctor said anything?" I asked, my head now placed in the palms of my hands, my elbows supporting.

"Actually yeah, this morning I was told I have to go in for a vaginal ultrasound and Pap smear, they're contacting the gynaecologist now"

"What?!" I shrieked confused, lifting my head up, "But we haven't -"

"I know" she interrupted, giggling lightly, "I don't know what they're looking for, but that's all I know right now"

"I'm sorry you have to go through all this" I sighed, I could feel my chest deepening with every breath I took

"Don't apologise Tyler" she shook her head, "are you at the venue right now?"

"Yeah, the crews setting up but I was worried about you"

"Well you better have a ton of fun up there tonight or I'll know" she smiled, "I can't stand the thought of you not enjoying this moment just because of me"

"Each show is a day closer to seeing you again" I whispered, Jenna's smile turning empathetic. I knew she felt the same way I did, and it killed me. I didn't like not being able to touch her, or even just feel her presence. I had to watch her through a screen and hear her voice through a speaker, people say its easy, but it's not the same.

"I miss you" her voice cracked, pressing her lips tightly together to the point they lost its colour

"I miss you more" I said, closing my eyes for a moment as I leant against the table.

I didn't want to get emotional, we weren't even half way through the tour and I already really did miss her, and couldn't stand to be away from her

A/N

it's short because it's kinda hard to get a story going when both your characters kinda can't do anything

I've cried twice today because Im on my period and I'm just too emo for this world rn

The other day I freaking cried over a cop show on tv

~ Viella