fourteen

Tyler's POV

As I leaned against the front desk, all I could think about was the girl I said goodbye to this morning. Customers were roaming the shop quietly, but I couldn't bring myself out of the trance to go help. It was almost closing time anyway, the sunshine slowly dimming through the windows.

Finally the time slowly came, the customers leaving me to lock up the small shop located at the end of the mall. This was pretty much my daily routine, making it easy for me to get lost in my head whilst doing my work like a machine. I found myself humming as I started walking to my car, my joyful stance being somewhat rare on a day like this.

As I drove back home, it didn't take me long for the realisation of seeing Jenna once again sprung upon me. It was amazing knowing I got to see her everyday, but it wouldn't last long enough, seeing Josh and I were to leave in a few weeks. I dreaded the day I had to say goodbye to her face, I loved touring around playing music, but I've never had to leave such a special person behind. Jenna and I were only officially a couple a few days ago, but I felt like I had known her my whole life, the connection I felt being something indescribable and simply incredible.

Finally I was home, trying to find my house key before realising I gave it to Jenna as she got home earlier than me. I still had to get her a key cut, but it didn't really matter seeing Mark was always home in the most convenient times. I slid myself through the door, immediately being welcomed by a figure leaping on my back.

"You're home!" A high pitched, playful sound erupted out of her lungs, Jenna's giggle being so contagious, I couldn't help but laugh with her. Her arms wrapped around my chest with ease as I swung her around slowly, her legs swinging in mid air.

"Bella" is all I could say, lowering her down in front of me as I finally met her eyes. Some may say I fell in love with her eyes, the mysterious marble had me addicted.

"I'm making dinner for the three of us, you like pasta?" She smiled, tucking her messy hair behind her ears. She was still in her work clothes, yet she still looked like perfection.

"You're cooking? You don't need to do that" I replied, usually Mark and I would make our own meals, the simplest recipes being made for ourselves. We also would go out to have Taco Bell when we couldn't be bothered, which was most of the time anyway.

"Don't worry" her voice deepened as she laughed, poking my nose before turning the corner back into our small kitchen.

As I finally dropped my backpack on the ground, I followed Jenna into the kitchen, her eyes rolling as she saw me try to help.

"Go away Ty" she smiled

"Ouch" I mumbled, causing her to giggle as she turned towards me.

"You're not allowed to help me, Mark is watching TV, go join him while I finish this off" her finger pressed into my chest as she pushed me away lightly, my stance still refusing to leave her presence.

"I haven't seen you all day and all you want me to do is leave you alone?" I asked, watching her wander the kitchen cabinetry.

"For now, Yes" she chuckled, moving over to start stirring the pasta sauce sitting on the stove. I moved over to stand behind her, slowly wrapping my arms around her ribs.

"Are you sure?" I whispered, pressing my lips near her ear. I heard Jenna exhale heavily, allowing her hand to stroke lightly across my cheek. Her hands were warm and soft, her fingerprints feeling like stamps across my skin. I leaned my chin against her shoulder as I swayed us slowly together, our hips swinging in time. It was quiet for a moment, the only sound coming from the bubbles of the pasta. Her hand slid to my neck, her arm twisting in such a way, but it didn't look unnatural. Finally she turned her head to me, kissing my cheek before pushing me away.