Chapter 12

"The worst things in life come free to us." -Ed Sheeran

I heard the roar of the crowd once again. Thousands of screaming girls in my ears. I walked back inside the suite and decided to just watch from the TV.

You could tell the boys were having fun on stage. It was a fun concert to be at, I have to admit it.

I looked out at the crowd, through the glass doors.

There was thousands of people in that crowd right now, and not one has a care in the world at the moment. No matter how much they were in pain on the inside, they couldn't help but smile and have fun.

And that warmed my heart.

I just love how you can switch moods so quickly.

Whatever makes you happy, can really change your life. It may even save it.

I know these boys have saved many, many lives.

The thing is, many people have something they go to and think they saved my life. For me, I'm still waiting for someone or something to save me. To change me into a regular teenage girl.

Not someone who's afraid of everything.

Now, I know not all teenage girls are happy. A lot aren't. But I'd rather be in school and be learning then being afraid to walk out of my home.

I looked up at the TV.

The boys were just finishing up the concert, Niall giving his speech.

"You're gonna miss the end Jo! Come on!" Lily yelled.

I glared at her.

"Sorry." She giggled.

I got up from my chair and walked back out. The screams erupted from the crowd as I opened the door. The boys started to sing their biggest hit,

What makes you beautiful

Lily grabbed my hands and started to dance with me. I laughed at her.

She was smiling so big and was singing so loud.

I don't know why, but I started to cry.

Lily immediately stopped.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

I smiled at her, "Thank you for being happy again."

"Thank you for making me happy again."

*

"How'd you like it?" Harry called from across the hall.

The concert was over and we were heading backstage again.

Lily let to of my hand and ran after him.

"I loved it! It was the best concert, like ever!" She jumped onto Harry and gave him a big hug.

I walked up to them.

"How about you? Did you enjoy the show?" Niall said poking his head out the door.

"It was a very good performance." I smiled at him.

"So you liked it?" Zayn asked.

"I loved it, yes."

They all looked happy when I said that. I don't think they think I like them.

But I do, they're good people.

I like good people.

They sat us down in the dressing room, while the boys changed out of their concert clothes.

"I'm going to go to the restroom. Do you have to go?" I asked Lily.

She shook her head no.

I got up from the couch and walked out into the hallway. I walked down it until I finally found a restroom.

I walked inside and went into a stall.

I heard the toilet flush next to me and heated boots walk out the door.

I finished up and washed my hands. I saw that my wig was fairly messy.

I looked around to make sure no one was there, I locked the doors.

I took off my wig slowly and fixed my hair underneath. I put the wig back on and slide the bobby pins back into place.

My phone buzzed in my pocket.

You don't know you're beautiful, that's what makes you beautiful.

-A

I looked in the mirror at the reflection behind me. I saw someone vanish out of the bathroom.

I rushed to the door and opened it quickly.

No one was standing there, and no one was in the hall.

My stomach dropped and my heart best quickened. I felt the color drain from my face as I slowly walked back to the dressing room.

Lily sat alone.

She turned around to me, and gave me a weird look.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing.

"Jo!" She yelled standing up.

She's lucky we're the only ones in the room.

"Sometimes the bad things stay with you. You simply can't escape them. Even if you want to."

___________________________

Authors Note:

Hellooo. I know this is a short chapter, but ya know. More is coming! Make sure you read my other fanfics! Who's heard Story of My life? I LOVE IT SO MUCH GAHHH.

~Sam