Chapter 30

"And then it was the kind of dark your eyes never adjust to." -John Green

*

I woke up the next morning early. Lily was still sleeping with the sheets sprawled out around her. I got out of the bed quietly and went downstairs.

Having a cast on sucks.

I slid down the stairs again. I was the only one up.

I went into the living room and sat down on the couch. I turned on the tv. The news immediately came on, and of course I was the main story. I switched the station, not wanting to hear about my own problems.

I went through stations quickly and stopped on a random show. I looked to see what it was called.

Law&Order

I didn't know what it was, but I watched it anyway.

To be honest, tv didn't fascinate me. I haven't watched it in years, but I don't feel the need to. Tv wastes your time making you believe in a fake world, of fake stories. It makes you think that you can solve things in the world.

Well truth be told, the world sucks. Sorry.

I immediately became bored of the show, not that the show itself was boring. Just sitting here doing nothing was. I got up and decided to look around the house. I hadn't got to yet.

I went into the hallway that was by the stairs. There was different doors on either side of the hall. I opened the first to my right, the bathroom. I opened the one across from it and it looked like a man cave. A big screen TV, with a pool table, and bar. I continued looking through the doors, a different one was a spare bedroom.

There was a glass wall at the end of the hall that let you look into the room. It was a weight/workout room. I saw Liam working out, I didn't know he was awake. I tapped on the glass, but he didn't seem to notice.

I opened the door and loud music rushed into my ears. Liam's head looked up and saw me. He quickly shut off the music.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hi." I said rubbing my ears. "I wasn't excepting the deafening music when I opened the door." I laughed. I made my way over near him and sat on the bench.

"Sorry," he chuckled. "the walls are sound proof."

"Good." I said.

"So what led you here?" He said. He walked over the the counter and grabbed a towel to wipe his sweat.

"I um, I just wanted to look at the house a bit more. I didn't really get to see much of it." I said.

"Oh." He said before taking a long drink.

"Can I ask you something?" I said.

"Yeah." He sat down next to me.

"Can you like train me. You know what you were just doing? Like when I'm healed." I said.

"Yeah, I'd love to. Why?" He said.

"I don't know, I want to defend myself better." I shrugged.

He raised his eyebrows, "good reason."

"Let's go do something." He said standing up.

"I can't do much." I hopped my way up also, grabbing ahold of my crutches.

"Well I was going to suggest going for a walk, but you can't walk. So how about a drive?" He said.

"I'm in my pajamas." I said following him out of the room.