Chapter 31

"There's a million reasons why I should give you up." -Selena Gomez

*

Liam's POV :

"Are you okay? You've looked like a ghost since this morning." Niall nudged my side, as I stared blankly at the tv.

"It's nothing." I said.

"Okay.." He questioned me, I know he did.

I got up from the couch and walked up the stairs. I rubbed my eyes, it was late. I knocked on Lily and Jo's bedroom door.

Lily opened it. "Hey, where's Jo?" I asked walking into the room. We both sat down on the bed.

"Shower." She said. I nodded.
"So what happened with you and Jo this morning?"
"What? Nothing." I quickly replied.
"Liam come on. With Jo, I could kind of tell, but I can really tell from you. Just tell me."

So I did. Just about the text and clapping, I mean there wasn't more to tell.

"So you're scared?" Lily asked. I didn't reply. Here I was, freaking about something that happened earlier to a little girl. How pathetic.

She placed her hand on top of mine. "It's okay to be afraid, I get scared too sometimes. You don't have to hide it."

I smiled at her. She was like a mini Jo, just a lot more.. sweeter, I guess you could say.

"Lily, where's my-," We both turned our heads to see Jo standing in the doorway in just a towel covering her body and a plastic bag around her cast.

"Shit." Jo turned around quickly and ran back into the door. "Shit, again." She laughed awkwardly and scooted her way back into the bathroom.

I laughed at her.

Lily quickly hopped off the bed and started rummaging through the drawer.

"I found it!" She called to Jo, as she lifted up a pair of underwear.

I laughed again, "Pretend you didn't see them." She whispered as she knocked on the bathroom door.

Jo's showed only her arm as she reached for her underwear.

"Lily, just tell Jo to come in my room when she's out." I said walking to the door.

"Your room." Lily awed raising her eyebrows.

"You're too young to think like this." I laughed and walked out the door. Lily laughed also.

I walked into my room and started to get ready for bed. As I began taking off my pants, Jo made her way into the room.

"Oh, sorry." She quickly turned around and I laughed as I finished changing.

"Don't worry about it. Now we are even." I said.

She laughed awkwardly and sat onto the bed. "So what'd you need me for?"

"Um," I scratched my head. "I just wanted to talk about earlier."

"Liam-"

"Jo, stop." I interrupted. She raised her eyes brows. "We need to take this to the police, don't you think?"

"No." She said.

"Why? Jo maybe they could find where the text-"

"Liam they did that last time. What good did that do? It killed five innocent men and another was found burnt to death. The police can't do anything. God, I'm more afraid of them than A."

"You're kidding." I scoffed. "Jo, you can't be serious right now. The police are helping you."

"Open your eyes Liam." She stood up. "A is closer to me than ever because of them."