Chapter 18

"It's pretty simple, pretty obvious: that people's first impressions of people are a really big mistake." -Vincent D'onofrio

Jo's POV

"Because I care," He said almost in a whisper. I look up at him, he was fiddling with his fingers.

A part of me missed talking to him, missed seeing him smile. I hated to admit it, but I did miss him, I missed all the boys.

"You do?" I breathed out.

"Of course," He looked at me and slightly gave me a smile. "I wouldn't be here with you if I didn't."

Before even thinking I began to explain everything.

"At the funeral, an old woman ran into to me. So, I sat her down next to me. We started to talk, and when she was about to leave.. well, she said my name. I hadn't told her my name either, all I told was that they were working on my case. But nobody really knows about my case yet. So how the hell could she know who I am-"

"Jo, don't scream at me or anything. But your face is everywhere now. People may not know specifically your case, but they do know you. So obviously she'll know who you are." He said to me.

I sucked in a sharp breath, "Of course she would notice me, anyone would. But Liam, she was blind. And when I asked how she knew me, she just left," I explained getting mad by just telling the story. "She just disappeared."

"What do you mean she disappeared?" He asked.

"When Leo came to me, not even seconds later. I told him about Daisy, that was her name. When I pointed to her, she was gone. No where in sight. He told me that I wasn't talking to anyone before he came to me. He said I was hallucinating." My voice cracked again.

"Why the hell am I even telling you this. You probably think I'm crazy too." I put my head in my hands.

"Hey, I don't think you're crazy," He rested his hand on my knee making me tense up. "I don't know who this 'Daisy' is, or how she popped out of nowhere and them disappeared, or how she was blind and knew who you were. I trust you, and I know you're not lying to me." He said.

"Thanks." I whispered.

"Maybe it was sign." He suggested.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Maybe it was a sign that something's going to happen. I don't know what, but something." He shrugged.

"What if A had something to do with it. What if it sent Daisy to freak me out?" I said quickly.

"Liam, I never thought I'd say this to you. But I'm scared. I'm scared something bad is going to happen to Lily, or one of you boys. Someone that A knows I couldn't live without." I said running my fingers through my hair.

I was petrified. I really was. I began to shake again. Liam's arm snaked around my waist and pulled me into his chest. I began to cry.

"I'm going to protect with my life. No matter what, you and Lily are going to be safe." He said quietly. I nodded.

"What about you?" He asked, slowly rubbing my back. "You said that you're scared for Lily and us. You never said you."

I wiped my eyes, "I could care less if something happened to me. But if something does, can you promise me something?" I said quietly.

"Of course."

"If something happens to me, I want you to take care of Lily. I don't care if someone from my family steps up to the plate. I want you and the boys to." I said.

Cover Upजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें