Chapter 26

"I lost the one person I thought I could never lose." -Unknown

-

Liam's POV :

When I woke up I didn't really know where I was. All I could remember was that I was out with Jo.

I saw my mother staring down at me with tears fall from her eyes.

I tried sitting up, "What happened?" I asked confused.

"Oh, honey. Jo's kidnapper tried hurting you." She said quietly.

"You okay though, now. The doctors said so." I looked over to my right now see Harry sitting beside me.

"How long have I been out?"

"3 days."

"God, where's Jo?"

Harry and my mom glanced at each other.

"Mom?"

"One of the nurses said she went for a walk, and she never came back." She said.

"She's missing, Liam." Harry said staring at the floor.

This time I fully sat up.

"What do you mean?"

"They checked the security cameras.." Harry said quietly. "Someone took her."

You could see his tears fall from his ace onto the tile beneath him.

"She's gone?" I barely let out a whisper.

"They'll find her, don't worry." My mom said.

I shook my head.

"Liam-"

"I don't want to talk right now."

"But-"

"Mom! I don't want to talk!" I yelled.

She walked out of the room and grabbed her box of Kleenex on the way out.

Harry and I sat in silence.

"Liam, you don't have to talk but please listen." Harry said. "They found these behind the hospital."

He handed me a picture of two white doves cut open, with a note on the side of them.

"They found her phone, in the woods behind the hospital too. When they opened the phone, she tried texting me. The police said that it said this." He handed me a piece of paper.

Help m

It read.

I stayed quiet.

"You know, Lily's taking it pretty hard. She won't come out of her room." He said.

"Why are people so terrible." I yelled.

I yelled and cried for what seemed like forever, but really only lasted for a few minutes.

"Liam, stop!" Harry said over and over again.

Nurses came running in, telling Harry to leave and inserting something in my arm.

I instantly felt weak, but but voice didn't stop yelling.

"Liam, stop it!" I heard her voice in my head.

Jo's.

I knew I was going insane at that moment.

Jo's POV :

3 days earlier

When I saw the doves, I immediately backed up. But when I backed up I fell into someone.