Chapter 28

"Sometimes it can get so hard pretending it's okay." -Little Mix

*

"Liam, Liam... Liam." I woke up to someone shaking me.

"What?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"She's awake." Harry said.

I got up quickly and looked in the glass. But the blinds were shut.

"Why're they shut?" I asked.

"She started freaking out, when the doctors touched her." He said.

"Listen." He whispered.

You could hear her faint screams and cries through the wall.

I looked at Harry confused.

"What're they doing to her?" I asked.

"I don't know. I woke up from the yelling and when I looked in the glass, she saw me and started yelling for me, but the doctors shut the blinds." He said.

"You saw her? Did she look alright?"

"She looked terrified." He whispered.

"What time is it?"

"4 am."

Jo's POV:

I woke up slowly.

I stared at the bright lights above me. They were blinding. I sat up using all of my strength. He leg from the knee down was in a cast. My body still hurt, but not as bad as before.

I looked around the room, there was no one around. That scared me.

I pressed a button on the side of my bed, to send someone in. Immediately nurses came rushing in.

They came to my side, asking me dozens of questions that made my head hurt. They started touching my legs causing me to yell them.

I didn't want anyone touching me, or asking me questions. I wanted people that I know to explain to me what's going on.

I kept telling them to stop, but it seemed to me they spoke a different language because they didn't stop.

I looked to my right and saw a familiar face.

Harry. He was standing on the other side of the glass. He looked shocked.

"Harry! Harry help me! Harry!" I screamed his name but the doctors soon shut the blinds so I couldn't see him anymore.

They took out a needle and pressed it into my skin.

"Stop!" I screamed. I slowly began to calm down, taking longer breaths to control my breathing. The nurses left the room leaving me alone.

"You're aunt will be in shortly." One said before leaving. I rolled my eyes. I waited for a good 15 minutes but no one came in.

So I closed my eyes. I was worn out from screaming, and whatever they put in my arm made me tired.

-

I woke up with a cold cloth against my forehead.

My eyes opened quickly and I looked to my side. Leo and Aunt Casey were sitting beside me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Leo asked turning towards.

"Like shit." I answered. He laughed.

"Well at least you still sound the same."

He helped me sit up and handed me a cup of water.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"When they put you in the ambulance, you closed your eyes. But didn't wake up until 4 am today. No it's 3 pm. You've been sleeping for a while." He explained.