Chapter 32

"Okay Lily get in bed." I said with the tooth brush still in my mouth. She groaned but climbed into bed anyway.

I walked out of the bathroom and sat down on the bed.

"You're not going to sleep yet?" She asked.

"No. I'm just going to go talk to the boys for a bit. I'll be back soon though." I kissed her forehead and shut the lights off on the way out.

I stood at the top of the stair case and thought about if I should get Zayn or not. I didn't, I just slid down.

I went to the living room where they all were sitting. Besides Liam, I didn't know where he was.

"Hey," I said softly as I sat down on the recliner.

They all mumbled their hellos whilst being too busy watching the TV. I didn't know what they were watching.

A commercial came and they still didn't say anything. They just transferred there attention from the TV to their phones.

"Um, I just wanted to say sorry for earlier." I said breaking the silence.

"It's fine, Jo. Don't worry about it." Harry said.

"I know. But I didn't know if you guys were mad or not. I yelled at all of you and I'm sorry... honestly."

"Seriously, Jo. It's no big deal. It's hard for you and we get that." Niall said.

I stayed quiet and ran my fingers through my hair. "I'm just scared that one day I'll take it too far and hurt you guys. That's the last thing I want to do. I swear."

"You don't have to worry about us." Zayn reached across the couch and patted my hand. "Go to bed. It's been a long day for you."

"Okay," I said quietly. I stood and and grabbed my crutches. "Can you help me?"

Zayn stood up and helped me up the stairs. When we got to the top we said goodnight and he went back down.

I decided to go to Liam's room, to check on him. His door was cracked open so I peaked inside. He was sitting at his desk, bent over, writing on a piece of paper.

I knocked lightly on the door and it took him a minute to look up at me.

He stared for a second. "What do you want?" He said. He didn't say it in a mean way, it was soft.

"I just want to let you know that I don't hate you." I said quietly, still standing in the doorway. "And that I'm sorry. For arguing."

He stood up. "You can come in you know."

I went inside the bedroom and closed the door behind me.

"We were both yelling, so I'm sorry too." He said.

"I just don't know what has gotten into me lately." I said.

"You said it yourself, your period." He said scratching his head.

"I can't blame everything on Mother Nature." I leaned back against the wall. "I just think A has really gotten to my head this time. It's scaring me that it has been texting you, and I'm just afraid I guess."

"You don't have to push me away because of that." He said.

"I'm not trying to push you away, I'm just awkward." I said.

He chuckled. "You're not awkward. You're just so used to bottling up your emotions so now it's weird to express them." He said.

I nodded and smiled, "I guess so."

"I'm sorry." I said again.

"For what?"

"I've been yelling at you and treating you like shit all day. You don't deserve that, any of it."