Chapter 27

"Honey, don't leave, don't leave, please don't leave me now." -Tom Odell

*

I woke up with pain all throughout my body. I was still hand cuffed to the bed My wrist was all cut from being cuffed. My face felt like it was bruised everywhere, and it probably was from him hitting me so much for screaming.

I looked down and saw Adam laying on the floor with only his briefs on. I wanted to throw up. And I did. I leaned over the bed and threw up and the wood floor.

I felt terribly ill.

Adam didn't wake up though. I started to pull at the hand cuff, trying to get it off somehow. I started playing with the keyhole and finally got it unlocked.

This was my chance.

But there was only one problem, I had no clothes on, only a sheet was covering me. I grabbed my clothes front the edge of the bed and ran out the door.

I couldn't care less if I was naked. Once I got far enough I put on my clothing as fast as I could. My eyes never left the cabin.

I looked around at my surroundings. I was in the middle of a forest.

I picked a direction and started running as fast as I could. I ignored the pain.

I was running for what seemed like forever when I found farm land. There was an old man on his tractor not to far away.

I started yelling and ran his way.

"Help!" I cried over and over again.

"Oh my Jesus." The old man got off his tractor and yelled from someone named Martha.

My legs collapsed and I fell to ground in front of him and started crying.

"Honey, are you alright?" The man knelt down in front of me.

The old woman came running up by that side.

"Hugh, it's the girl who was kidnapped." Martha said.

She ran away and called someone. Who I'm hoping is the police.

Hugh grabbed my hands and started praying.

"Police are on their way!" Martha said running over to us.

"Let's get you inside, okay?" Martha tried getting me up.

"I can't. My legs, they hurt really bad." I said still crying.

"Then we'll sit here, and pray." She sat down next to me and grabbed my other hand and started praying with her husband.

I just put my head down, the pain was unbearable. My ankle felt crushed beneath me.

I heard sirens only minutes later and screamed for them. The couple tried to shush me, but I couldn't help it.

There were dozens of police, it seemed like. Few came rushing to my side and others went running in the woods, armed.

A man picked me up and carried me to an ambulance.

"My ankle." I cried to him.

"You'll be fine, don't worry." He laid me down on the stretcher and other people lifted me in the ambulance.

I couldn't stop crying.

"Joanna, are you okay?" One woman nurse said as she have me an ice pack for my head.

"I don't know." I said out of breath.

"Breathe, Joanna? Okay, why don't you tell me what happened." She placed her hands on my leg and started to rub it.