Chapter 19

Addison's P.O.V

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Niall asked from the drivers seat as I stared amongst my dads new home. It was a soft yellow house with a white picket fence that was lined with beautiful blooming flowers. It felt weird.

"Not really." I responded with a slight laugh. Niall grabbed my hand and squeezed it as to reassure me that everything will be fine. I pulled myself out of the car and followed Niall up the small pathway to the front door. We knocked a couples times and not seconds later a cheerful blonde woman answered the door.

"You must be Addison! I've heard a lot about you." She smiled and gestured us to come in. We followed her into a cozy living room and there sat my dad. He stood up to give me a hug but I pulled Niall slightly in front of me. My dad got the hint and sat back down.

"Well I'm glad you decided to come." My dad smiled and I just nodded. The next 30 minutes were held in an awkward silence until the women came back out and called us for dinner. When we walked into the room there was a teenager about my age, one that was around 14, then a little girl that couldn't be more than 7.

"Addison this is my step children, Matt, Sarah, and Lilly." I smiled softly and said hello. Niall and I sat on one side of the table by ourselves. So he's married and has 3 new children. 

"So Addison tell us about yourself." The women asked that I soon learned whose name was Madeline. I was silent for a couple minutes because all that came to mind was the fact that my dad beat me growing up and my mom died. Niall put his hand over mine and rubbed small circles. Niall.

"Well this is my boyfriend Niall. He's in a band." I smiled admiringly up at him and he smiled back. My dad then asked his kids how there day was and they each told him with excitement. He never asked how my days were.
They were all smiling and laughing while sharing stories. He was actually a good dad to them and for some reason I couldn't help but feel jealous and angry.

"I love you so much daddy." Lilly the youngest of the children smiled up at him.

"I love you too sweetheart." He said softly. That's it. I can't do this. I put my fork down and my napkin.

"I'm sorry I just can't do this." I said pushing my chair out.

"Wait Addison you haven't finished your meal yet." Madeline said.

"Sweetheart please stay." My dad chimed in.

"You don't get it do you?" I asked almost disgusted.

"Get what Addison?" My dad asked patiently.

"That this." I gestured around at his family. "Makes me uncomfortable. You don't get the fact that all this is doing is showing me everything you never gave me. You were never a father to me, but to them, you're perfect. Why couldn't you have been like that to me? Why couldn't you have asked me how my days were and tell me how much you love me like you do with them? But what did I get from you? Bruised eyes and bloody lips." I didn't even realize I was crying until Niall wiped my cheek.

"What is she taking about dear?" Madeline asked my dad surprised by what I said. My dad told his kids to go upstairs and they did.

"You don't know?!" I asked her and she just looked back at my dad confused.

"Well let me tell you. This amazing man you think you know is actually a piece of shit. Everyday since I was born all I remember of him is drinking. Drinking to the point where he couldn't even walk. And you know what happened when he got drunk? He beat me and my mother. If I didn't do something the way he wanted he'd beat me. My mom always tried to stop him but he'd always turn on her." Anger filled through my body like never before. My hands were shaking and tears continued to flow down my face.

"Then one day my mom finally got us out of the house and we moved as far away as we could get from you." My attention moved to my dad. My voice suddenly got an eerie calm to it.

"You don't even know how many nights I prayed that you wouldn't make it home...just so that we'd be safe. Or how many nights I prayed that you wouldn't find us once we got out." My voice cracked. At this moment the room filled with silence. Niall pulled me into his strong arms and held me which calmed me down.

"Grab your things we're leaving." Niall whispered in my ear. Once I was in Niall's car I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Hey." Niall said and turned my face to his. "Everything's going to be okay. I promise." I smiled and softly placed my lips on his.

"Let's get going yeah?" He said when we pulled apart. I nodded and he pulled out of the driveway.

If only Niall knew how many nights I prayed, thanking God for giving me him.

-------------------
Hey guys I hope you like this chapter. I kinda suck at filler chapters so just hang in there with me haha. Please vote/comment/follow it would mean everything to me.
-lovely_niall_horan