Chapter 2

Of course it was too good to be true. As dawn was coming, Selina was pushed out of the bed and landing on her face. Maura stood above her with her arms folded. " Wake up! I said you had to train today."

The crescent wielder groaned and looked up, " I thought the queen said something like that, but I did not think you would remember such a thing." Selina finally noticed what she looked like. Maura had darker skin than the others. She wore a tunic that hardly covered the scars on her arms along with pants. The general sighed and grabbed Selina's arm, raising the teenager into the air.
" And I'm sure that the Queen would cut my head off for not training you this morning." She set her on the ground. The crescent wielder stepped back, rubbing her arm. She hadn't realized how strong this woman was.

" I'll send Eleanor to get you dressed."

Maura exited the room, leaving the teenager confused. Eleanor came in shortly after, giggling. " I see Maura taught you a lesson."

" What lesson? All she did was lift me off of the ground. However, I had now idea she was that strong." Eleanor grabbed the comb and lightly went through her tangled white hair. " That is why the Queen had picked Maura to be general of the army. Though, almost everyone in the city isn't too happy about such a thing."

Selina stayed silent as Eleanor talked. Surly, she wouldn't have a good time with Maura. Once she was done, Eleanor handed Selina a tunic and pants. " This will keep you safe during your training with Maura."

Selina looked down at the clothes and took them. She stood up as  a knock made the two women jump. " Come in."

Dillus entered the room, causing Eleanor to bow her head. " Prince Dillus. I didn't except you to be here."

" Do not worry. I just wanted to speak to my fiance." The word made her cringe. Eleanor looked between the two of them, confused. " Am I missing something?"

" The King forced me to marry the prince when I turn fourteen. However, I don't even know how old I am."

The prince shrugged, " I will dismiss myself. I just saw Maura down the hall looking quite upset. You should be heading to the field quickly." Selina nodded as the prince left. Eleanor quickly followed after him, closing the door behind her.

After she finished changing, Selina walked to the field, where Maura was waiting for her. There were some weapons around her, causing the teenager to frown.  " What are all these for?" she asked.

" Training," Maura simply answered. " Now, stand on those two rocks over there and bend your knees. Hopefully, I can see how balanced you are." Selina listened but as she did it, she didn't find any point of doing such a thing. For what felt like an hour, she looked around the forest. She hadn't realized how much nature was around the palace.

~

" She's quite the worker," Eleanor commented. " I remember when I could barely stand on those rocks with my knees bent. Up til this day, Maura still scolds me about it."

Dillus chuckled, " I never thought you went through her training as well."

" Oh, I did. Thank the Gods that Fayla had saved me from anymore training." Eleanor caught her tongue and looked at the prince. " I'm sorry, I shouldn't be speaking without titles!"

" You do not need to," he said. " Neither with my brother." Eleanor slowly nodded. She turned her attention back to Selina, only to see her fall flat on her face. Maura sighed and walked over to the girl, stopping at her head.

" Dillus."

" What is it?"

" Does your father know about her? Selina is a crescent moon wielder."