Chapter 14

The King and Queen sat down in the meeting room, listening to their son explain what had happened in the south. Once he was done, the king frowned and crossed his arms. " I see. Would Leon be coming back now?" 

" It appears so." 

" Perhaps we can send Sebastian and the others," Queen Fayla suggested. " The boy is strong and Miranda is good when it comes to planning." 

" And what about Rosemary?" Athan asked his wife. " You plan on sending a teenager to war. She has not seen enough to have such a solemn expression on her face." 

" Rosemary can not go to war Mother," Dillus said. " In the meantime, we should prepare for Leon's return. I fear that he might be injured from the battle." 

" Dillus, before you leave I would like to speak with you," Queen Fayla said. She turned to her husband and pointed to the door. " Alone, dear." 

" I see," the king replied, leaving the meeting room. Once he left, the queen turned to her eldest son. 

" Dillus, I have heard from Eleanor that you might have not gotten your wife pregnant. Now Dillus you know that you must have a heir." 

" I know Mother." 

" Have you gotten her pregnant now? The time will come when you need an heir. If we send her to war we have to keep her pregnancy a secret. Selina is an important person to us." 

" I know Mother," he repeated. " I do not know how pregnancy works Mother, but I can reassure you that something will happen. Hopefully after the war is over." 

~

When they heard about Leon's condition, they quickly rushed over the area where the injured soldiers were resting. Selina hid behind Dillus when they found almost half of the army wrapped in bandages and blood soaking through the cloth. In the corner, Leon was resting with his hand on his stomach. 

" Leon," the elder prince called, rushing over to this twin. 

The younger prince looked relieved to see his brother, but the pain in his stomach keep back any joy. " Dillus, I haven't seen anything like that before." 

" Like what?" 

" They had someone...almost like Selina. She was married to the oldest son and she had powers like Selina. Honestly, for someone who works for the south had great power." 

" Have you meet the South's King?" Selina asked. 

" I have, but he was not there. He sent one of his men to deliver a message to me, something Father and Mother need to read." 

" Ah, dear cousin you're injured!" 

The three of them turned to find Miranda and Rosemary, along with Sebastian following close behind. Selina swore her heart stopped when he appeared behind the girls. He haven't talked to her since he tried to make a move on her and she did not want to speak to him. 

Ignoring the two of them, Miranda hugged her younger cousin tightly. " As soon as I heard, I thought you were about to die. Sebastian here thought you were able to come back in one piece."

" I never said such a thing," Sebastian replied. He glanced at Selina before looking back at his cousin. " Leon always tried to act tough when he hurts himself. I thought this would be one of these times." 

Leon let out a dry chuckle, before his injury out the best of him once more. The elder prince smiled before saying," Brother tell me what happened between you and the south. You said something had happened." 

" Yes," he said, pulling a letter out of his pocket. " It says that in order for the war to end here, I must marry his daughter, Prima." 

" P-Prima?" Dillus stuttered. " The only daughter of Marc Wintershield and our greatest enemy? Father would be bound to have a heart attack this time. However, if it is the only way to end the war then you might have to marry her." 

" Prima? He would marry the south's demon daughter. Honestly, you Honorclouds have paired up with the most unusual women," Miranda said, taking a quick glance at Selina. " I would like to see you marry a normal girl with a noble status, instead of one with the South's daughter and a cursed child. I would rather you marry that Ryia girl you were good friends with." 

" Miranda, I would advise you to leave Selina alone," Dillus said, glaring at his older cousin. " She is much stronger than you and would kill you in one strike." 

" Is that a threat?" she asked, putting her hand on her chest. " Are you really threatening your dear cousin?" 

" If that cousin insults my wife, then I shall do that." 

" Dear cousin you really want to threaten me over some girl would clearly doesn't deserve your love?" 

" Leave her be cousin," the prince said through clenched teeth.

~

The girls had stayed behind in order to make sure Leon's condition had pulled through. He did not know his brother's condition and it worried him. Behind him, Sebastian put his hand on his shoulder, stopping his younger cousin. 

" What is it?" Dillus asked. He had a lot on his mind and he didn't want his cousin to bother him any longer. 

" Is Leon going to marry the South's girl?" Sebastian asked. 

" I do not know. I fear that the King would take advantage of it and cause another war, but this time his daughter would be involved."

" Such a big fear," he commented. " What if you were in your brother's place? Pressured to marry the devil's child. I assume Leon is more worried about this than girls." 

" Quit torturing the poor boy. He's my baby brother and you're younger cousin. Not some annoying brat running down the halls, crying for his little sword." 

Sebastian chuckled at his description. " However, that him when he was younger." 

The elder prince looked at his cousin before shaking his head. " Leave, I must be attending to some business now." 

~

As nightfall arrived, Selina looked out the window, admiring how quiet it was. In the town, there were lights that surrounded the town, as if this was the last night they would be celebrating before the South would try and take over. She turned when she heard the sound of the door opening. In the doorway, her husband sighed of relief once he closed the door and landed on the bed. She knew he had been exhausted like this since his brother came back. 

" Haven't gotten much sleep, have you?" 

" Would you? I have up planning what to do. I talked to my father about the issue with the South's daughter and he thinks it is a good idea. He plans on speaking with the king, but I fear the King will try and still take over." 

" So, in all there is no point to this marriage. He would take advantage and want the land for himself, even if his only daughter is here." 

The prince nodded, getting under the sheet. " That is what we have been saying. I suggested we keep her under our protection, just until the south makes their move. Until then, we must prepare for another wedding, for they're not giving us a choice on who he marries. It's already been decided since the beginning." 

The wielder gave her husband a sad smile before putting her hand on his shoulder, gently rubbing it. " I'm sorry Dillus. I know you wanted the best for your brother." 

" He's my little brother. I should be the one who is protecting him and hoping that they don't pick on him. I understand my father made the choice because he thought it was right, but...somehow it does not." 

" You can't protect him all the time," she replied. " Leon is the same age as you. He's not your baby brother or anything like that. He's the next heir of the throne after our son." 

" You can say what you want, but he will always be my little brother." 

The wielder gave Dillus a longing look before shaking her head. She didn't understand how siblings work, but she knew they don't look down on each other. All she could think right now what was best for her husband and brother.