Chapter 25

As everyone went back to sleep, Vesta sneaked into the palace, trying not to get caught by the guards. She found two of them walking out of the palace and guarded the door. The wielder climbed up the tree and jumped to the roof, trying not to get the guards' attention. Vesta swung her feet into an open window. She never thought to be glad that there had been an empty room with a window open.

Once she was inside, she quickly checked inside her cloak to make sure her dagger was in her pocket. Making sure no guards were in the hallway, she ran in order not to run into anyone. She assumed all the guards would be outside, making sure no one would enter while the queen was asleep, along with the servants. At the end of the hall, she turned left to Selina's chambers. Carefully, she opened the door making sure that she didn't make any noise. Vesta found Selina in the bed, sound asleep. She couldn't help but smile as she imagined the look on her face once she realized she was in the room. Vesta took out her dagger, holding it tightly in her right hand. She stopped once Selina moved in her sleep, showing her grown stomach to the wielder.

She didn't understand how she was able to produce a heir. She had stabbed her at the wedding less than a couple months ago, making sure that she killed the heir. Feeling heat rising to her face, Vesta quickly walked over to her, which startled Selina awake. The Queen fell off the bed and grabbed Vesta's wrist as she tried to stab her.

" What are you doing here?" she demanded.

" Here to kill you. Rumors have spread that you're alive and well after I stabbed you in the stomach."

" Well, if you should know us moon wielders recover faster than you think." Selina kicked her in the stomach, causing the dagger to fall out of her hand. She grabbed it and held it against Vesta's throat. " Now, you better get out of here before I cut your throat right here."

Vesta chuckled before grabbing Selina's hair and pinning her body against the floor, her stomach pressed against the ground as well. " Does that hurt the baby?" she teased. She pulled Selina's hair harder, causing her to scream out. Vesta grabbed the dagger and put the blade into her shoulder. " Just be glad that I don't put this blade into your stomach. I told the King I would bring your head to the palace, but you're putting up a fight. Perhaps I can cut out that baby from your stomach and bring it to him instead."

" You won't touch this child!"

" I won't? Funny, I wasn't asking." She slowly pulled the blade from Selina's shoulder before plunging it into her other shoulder. Selina could feel tears spilling from her eyes and Vesta continued stabbing her shoulders. The wielder felt that she was saving the baby for later when she didn't want to live anymore.

" Perhaps I should leave your head here and your husband will find you here."

" Don't you dare do something like that!"

" Really? Would you like it if I cut the baby out and leave it here to rot?" Before Vesta could lift the dagger once more, a dagger was thrown at her head and entered her skull. Selina gasped and pushed Vesta off. It looked like she was still alive, as her hand slowly moved back and forth. From the doorway, Selina looked up to find Rosemary and Prima in the doorway with widened eyes. It looked like Prima had thrown the knife.

" Are you alright Selina?" Rosemary asked, rushing to the wielder.

" Yes, I'm fine. I don't think she hurt the baby."

" But you're hurt." Rosemary checked the open wounds, finding some of them bleeding rapidly. Selina covered the one that was on her right shoulder.

" No, I'm fine. I can heal easily."

" Okay,"

Prima rushed into the room and grabbed the dagger from Vesta's eye. It had healed easily, but Vesta was still knocked out from the impact. " We must put her in the dungeon. I assume the one you have can block her magic for good."

" I think so," Selina said as she breathed out. " Now I'm worried about Dillus and Alistair. If Vesta managed to escape, then they must be struggling at the moment."

Prima nodded and dragged her out of the room. In the hallway, Elise ran into the two of them.
" What the hell are you doing?!"

" She attacked Selina in her sleep. Help me take her to the dungeon in order to make sure she won't kill her again." She wanted to ask, but the determined look in her eyes made her just nod. Elise helped her with the legs and together, the two of them took her to the dungeon.

Rosemary stayed with Selina, as she continued to breathe heavily. She helped her walk into the hallway to see Lily. As he breathing increased, Rosemary stopped and looked at her. " Are you okay? You look pale."

" There's a pain in my stomach. I should be fine Rosemary. If you can just get me to Lily, I can go back to bed and rest."

" I'm starting to think it's something else." Her eyes glanced down at her stomach. Rosemary wasn't sure about pregnancy, but she knew when it was time for a woman to give birth.

~

Selina sighed of relief once she sat down on the bed. She could feel the pain increasing in her stomach. It was almost unbearable. Lily and Rosemary stared at her, worried for her condition. The healer grabbed some medicine and gave her some along with tying bandages around her shoulders. " When is my husband coming back?"

" It has been days," Rosemary said. " I think they might be coming back soon. The ride to the South is quite long, but I hope they have finished the battle early."

" If Vesta is here, then they might be coming back now," Lily added.

The wielder smiled, sweat appearing on her forehead. " Thank the Gods. I want him to see his children."

" C-children!" Rosemary gasped.

Lily quickly put her hands to her stomach, feeling both of them kick. " She's right, twins. This didn't happen when I checked you the last time."

" Dillus figured it out," she breathed out. " He...found out because of the movement in different directions." She quickly wiped the sweat from her forehead. " I just want him to come back. I want my husband to come back now."

" Please, you need to hang on a little longer Selina," Lily said. " Dillus will come back and take care of you and the children. He wants to hold them so much."

" I-I know," she stuttered. She then felt a puddle around her feet. The wielder quickly looked down and gasped. " Oh no! Lily what happened?!"

Rosemary backed away as the puddle expanded. Lily quickly grabbed the sheets and torn the bottom of her gown. " What are you doing?"

" The water has stained your gown and your children are coming now. You better get ready to push with all your might."