Chapter 4

" You will blossom into a woman soon," Queen Fayla told her the next morning. Selina was seated across from the queen, with a cup of tea in her hands. She had taken her out of her training this morning and told her about motherhood. Selina was glad that she had skipped training, but this conversation had made her feel even worse than before.

" Into a woman?" she repeated. " I do not understand."

Queen Fayla sighed. " I suppose your mother never told you such a thing. That is, if you had a mother." That last part was almost like a whisper. Selina shrugged as Fayla took a sip of her tea. " Well, when you become queen you will birth a heir for the throne. The heir must be a male, it can not be a girl."

" What is wrong with having girl?" the crescent wielder questioned.

Fayla set her tea down and cleared her throat," Well, male children can only take the throne from their fathers. Females have no part in this, for men believe they lack politics. That is why there is a role for them, because we don't have to learn about such a thing." The queen picked up her cup once more, " Do you understand?"

It was almost like she had aged in the last couple of minutes. Selina looked down at her lap, nodding shakily. " Y-yeah, a heir to the throne. I understand."

" But, it will be a good feeling," Fayla said. " If you know what I mean." Selina looked up at the queen, with a confused look on her face. " Good feeling? What are you talking about?"

Fayla sighed as she put her tea down. It was like talking to a monkey. " I will have Eleanor dress you on your wedding night. I will also have her give you a nightgown."

" Um, you're making it seem like I'm marrying him tomorrow," she said.

" Well, it's better to be prepared. Anyway, my husband will be sending you and Maura to Turham to help out. We have sent a spy to the South so that we can get more information about their plans."

" Will they ever attack Rimtown?" Selina asked. Rimtown was near the palace. It was said to be the richest part of the kingdom ever since Athan was crowned king. Queen Fayla shook her head. " We have guards around the border. I do not think they will dare to make it this far. Hopefully, Dillus is experienced about this whole king issue."

Selina nodded, " I do as well."

The two princes spared in the field as Alistair watched them. Leon had lunged his sword in order to give Dillus a minor injury, but the elder twin dodged and quickly hit his brother with the handle of the sword. The younger twin cried out in pain and fell to the ground, holding his head. Alistair rushed over to the prince, examining his wound. Leon looked up at his brother, " Why would you do something like that?"

" You need to keep your guard up," he told him. " If not, then you would be taken advantage of."

Leon pushed Alistair away and glared at his brother. " That does not mean that you need to injury your younger brother to make a point."

" Sometimes it does," he replied, putting his sword back in it's case. " Your head is too thick for anything to get through."

" Just because you're becoming king makes you seem all mighty?"

Dillus shook his head. Being king wasn't something he was worrying about. It was the fact that Leon was still immature. If Dillus died at a young age, Leon would take over with his wife. Though, he acted like a spoiled child that didn't get what he wanted.

" Concentrate on your training." He turned to the guard. " Alistair, would you please train my younger brother. If he is not trained, he will not be a proper king in the future."