Chapter 22

The Chancellor let out a big laugh as Dilus finished explaining his plan for the battle. He smacked his hand on the table, as if he were entertained. He was big, he was almost if he could break the chair as he leaned back. 

The King waited until the man finally stopped laughing. The Chancellor wiped the tears in his eyes and finally relaxed. " I'm sorry My King, but that is the most idiotic plan I have ever heard. Even if you sent more troops out there, Marc would only kill them all off just by himself." 

" I suppose you're right. I was thinking we could win that way." 

" It's not your fault for thinking such a thing Dillus," Selina said. 

" He should have thought it would have never worked My Lady," the Chancellor said. "Dillus is still a young lord, which means his mind will continue to think like a teenager." 

" His mind will mature once he reaches a certain age." 

" We need him now, not in five years when we're taken over by the South. Dillus needs to understand how to plan a battle and win it." 

" What about you?" Dillus asked. " Have you ever planned any wars before? Has your father died right before your eyes?" 

" My King, that has nothing to do with this issue." 

" But you have not answered my question: Have you ever seen your father die right before your eyes?" 

The Chancellor stuttered, trying to look for an answer. After a couple of moments, the King nodded. " I thought so, Chancellor. Now, please do not think I am immature because I am young. War has an impact on certain people, making them hardhearted. I have seen people die right before my eyes, one of them being my father. Do not say I am immature." 

" I did not say so My King, I'm simply implying that you are still young. You are not willing to put your life on the line for anything yet." 

Dillus sighed, leaning back in his seat as he folded his hands together. " Please, continue your statement about my immaturity. I would surly correct you if necessary."  

" No, I am sorry. Alright then, we should be getting serious now shouldn't we?" 

" I would like it if we did." 

" Perhaps if you take another approach it would be easier to win the war. You see, the King is as old as your father and was married to Kara at an old age. If you take out his heirs, you would be taking out his heart before you even get to him." 

" Does he even care about his children?" the Queen asked. " From what I have heard, he did not care about his daughter." 

" Because women can not become heirs to the throne," he explained. " We only think they would buy everything and put the towns into corruption." the Chancellor's eyes glanced down at her stomach, finding it bigger than when he first saw her thrown into the throne room. He then chuckled. " You sure did a fine job getting this one pregnant with your child My King." 

" Do not congratulate me," he said through clenched teeth. 

" Why not? Perhaps they would let this one go and she would give birth to the next heir." 

" Do not think ahead of yourself Chancellor," Dillus warned. " People are not merciful as you think." 

" I see, so if she runs in with you into their palace, that girl would not stab her in the stomach once more? No, that girl would just kill the queen and walk over to the next person that stands in her way. War is not a game Dillus, it's a battlefield where people die." 

" I know my definitions Chancellor, thank you." 

The Chancellor glared at the young king. " Do not make fun boy." 

" I am not a boy," he snapped. " Did you forget that you are speaking to your king?" 

" A king whom I have been with since he was young." He turned to face the wielder, making her flinch. " Selina, do not make me regret that you have married Dillus. He does not need someone like you holding him down." 

" Calm yourself Chancellor, she is not doing anything like that," he said. He stood up from the chair and left the room. Selina had thought he was upset about this whole thing, but there had been something else on his mind and she knew that. 

Once he left, the Chancellor faced Selina. " Do not drag him down. He is the heir to the throne and you are simply a wench whom is married to him." 

" I am no we-" 

" But you act like one!" he interjected. " Be glad you have the heir inside your stomach or you would have been killed long ago. In fact, I knew a couple of men that would have liked to strip you before you were killed." 

" Why are you telling me this?" she asked. She had heard stories about the Chancellor, but she never excepted him to be like this. The man stood up and his shadow cast over her. 

" I am telling you this in case you betray our King. What was suppose to happen to you from day one is still optional. Eventually you will die and that heir will survive." 

With that, he left the room leaving her conflicted. 

~

 The wielder walked through the courtyard, letting her wander off. She was always being threatened and if not that, people would stare at her like she's a stranger. It did not matter how much Dillus protected her, one day he would be gone and her child would be able to rule. She assumed they would also blame his death upon her, even if she was far away from here. 

On the other side of the courtyard she found Eleanor tending to the garden along with the other servants. From the sunlight, she caught a glimpse of the ring that was placed on her ring finger. The wielder frowned and walked over to Eleanor with a smile on her face. 

" Eleanor." 

" Ah, Selina you scared me." 

She pointed to the ring on her finger. Elise grinned once she pointed it out. The maid put her hands on her best friend's shoulder, giving them a squeeze. " Come on Eleanor. Tell the queen the good news. She would be happy as well." 

" Elise I do not think Selina would-" 

" Alistair asked her to marry him!" she squealed. " Don't you think it's the cutest thing ever?" 

" The commander?" Selina questioned. 

" Please, do not be mad. I understand you had a rough meeting, but he is really nice once you get to know him." 

" Eleanor, I am not one to judge who people like. To be honest with you, I do not like Alistair but if he makes you happy then I hope you have a good life with him." 

The servant had not excepted that coming from the Queen. She felt her cheeks getting flushed and tears burning her eyes. She hugged the wielder with a big smile on her face. " Thank you Selina. Thank you so much." 

The Queen returned her hug and did not mind the tears staining her gown. She had only wanted her friend to be happy.