Chapter 5

The fighting was over near dawn. The survivors were being held underground as the soldiers fought, fearing for their lives. As she finished off another soldier, Selina sighed of relief and wiped some remaining blood from her forehead.

" You're cold blooded," a soldier told her.

" What? You killed others as well, right?"

" Yes, but I have never seen a grin on someone's face when they killed someone for the first time." Selina examined the ax that was in her hands. It was stained with the soldiers' blood.

" It wasn't my first time," she muttered.

~

They were back in Rimtown the next morning. They had helped the survivors and aided their injuries from the fire. Eleanor waited for their return when they sent out the letter for their victory. She spotted Selina walking next to Maura, with small cuts on her arms. The servant smiled brightly and ran over to her, engulfing her in a tight hug.

" You're okay," she said. Selina eyed the servant before sighing, " Of course I'm alive. War is nothing."

" She brought down most of the southerners," a soldier mentioned. " She is surly war material."

" And she's suppose to be Prince Dillus's lady. He's certainly a lucky man." Each man said something as they passed the two girls. Eleanor frowned at the teenager girl, causing her to shrug. " What is it?"

" Nothing, come the Queen has requested for you once you came." The teenager followed the servant into the castle. Even though she was gone for a couple of days, it looked a little different to her. The queen was talking to the elder prince in the ballroom. When Selina and Eleanor appeared, her face brightened.

" I see you're alive."

" Mother," he hissed. " Doesn't that seem quite harsh."

" Nonsense my son. Anyway, Selina I wanted you and my son to spend time with each other."

" I had just come back from the attack," Selina said bitterly.

The queen shushed her. " When you become queen, there won't be much sleep for you. You and my son would be going hunting for a while."

" Hunting?" she questioned. She had never tried such a thing, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

" I'll teach you how to draw a bow," Dillus said. Selina nodded, as Eleanor eyed the crescent wielder. Maybe her being involve in a war wasn't the best idea for a young girl. The queen looked at the servant. "Eleanor, I have to talk to you about the wedding and honeymoon. The new queen will have a new nightgown for her wedding night."

Eleanor nodded as the two walked out of the room.

~

The next day, she was awaken by Eleanor, who looked exhausted herself. There were dark bags under her eyes as if she was working for days. " Wake up, it's the day you and the prince are getting some alone time," she said seductively.

" You make it sound sexual," Selina muttered. The servant giggled as she helped Selina out of bed. She helped the teenager get dressed in a tunic and pants. She had looked more like a warrior than just a young girl. Selina met Dillus in the forest. They would be resting there for the night before more plans were in place for the war.

He examined her outfit before nodding, " You look pleasant."

" I'll take that as a compliment," she said. Dillus handed her a bow with a couple of arrows. He pointed over at a nearby tree trunk, " There, do you think you can hit it?"