Chapter 3

Selina cursed under her breath as her fingers lightly touched the bruise appearing on her shoulder. Maura had kicked her, thinking that she would duck. This caused the bruise to appear. She walked down the hall, examining the bruise. Queen Fayla caught her and took her into the ballroom.

Selina sighed, feeling sleep coming over her, " What are we doing here?"

" Teaching you some dance moves. The twin princes' birthday is coming up and since you're suppose to marry my eldest soon, you need to learn how to dance." Queen Fayla eyed her. " And it seems as if you were born on the side of the road. Your manners are the most important thing to work on at the moment."

When Fayla was out of eye shot, Selina mocked her voice under her breath. That wasn't the worst thing she had heard. Queen Fayla had summoned the Dawstrong sisters once more in order to teach her. Selina had wondered why they were always at the palace, but she assumed that they were on their good side.

" Now, please teach her about dancing. She has not learned anything about her manners."

Ryia eyed the teenager and nodded, with a big smile on her face. Though, Selina knew it was fake. " Do not worry my Lady, I will surly teach her about dancing. Alexandra, how about you help Queen Fayla with the decorations for the twins? You have good taste."

Her elder sister nodded, " Right, come my Lady. I have some good ideas about the party."

As they walked away, Ryia grabbed Selina's hands. " Now, I should teach you the main steps." She guided her hands, putting them on her shoulders. "I'll pretend to be the man, you put your hands on my shoulders and I put mine around your waist."

Ryia had pulled Selina close to her. She realized how short she was compared to Ryia. She was a foot taller than her, while Selina ended at her neck. Ryia didn't seem that strong, but Selina could feel her magic fading off of her. She gulped at the thought that Ryia could do much damage to her.

As taught her the steps to dancing as Alexandra and Queen Fayla talked about the decorations. Selina looked down at Ryia's feet, to make sure she wasn't stepping on her. Once they separated, Ryia glared down at Selina. " What is it?" she asked.

" You're the one who is marrying Prince Dillus."

" Yes? What about it?"

" I can't believe Queen Fayla is allowing you to do such a thing. I should be the one who is marrying him. You know, when he turns seventeen you will be told to marry him after that."

" That is not true, King Athan has told me that I will be marrying him after my birthday."

" And do you know when that is?" Selina's mouth opened slightly, but nothing came out. She did not know when her birthday was coming around or where she had come from. Everything was a blur even since she stepped inside this palace.

Ryia chuckled, " You will be told to carry his child and with that mark on your forehead, they might end up cursed as well. Along with that white hair of yours."

" Nothing bad will happen," Selina said with a stern voice. " It does not matter if I have this mark on my forehead-"

" But something will happen," Ryia interrupted. " You're a cursed child, at least that's what my uncle calls you. You would kill his children in your womb before you can tell you're pregnant."

Ryia giggled as she walked out of the ballroom. Selina turned back to the two women, whom were still talking about the decorations. They had ignored their little argument. She slowly backed away from the ballroom, into the hallway. Without the queen noticing, she ran down the hallway, but was stopped when she ran into someone.